Part Time Paraplanner - Financial Planning Assistant
We have a great new Part Time Paraplanning Assistant role based in London...
Morgan McKinley is looking for an experienced Paraplanning Assistant / Paraplanner to join a very well established Financial Services organisation based in the Farringdon, London area, working on a Part Time basis - 30 hours a week.
The main purpose of the Paraplanning Assistant - Technical Consultant role will provide financial planning support to advisers in a successful team, assisting them in delivering an outstanding financial planning service to new and existing clients. The successful candidate will ideally be Diploma-qualified or working towards a Diploma-level qualification with at least 18 months experience in a paraplanning role. Hours of work:
9am to 5.30pm - Part time 4 days a week / 30 hours over 5 days Salary:
£30-£40k full time equivalent (£24-32K part time - pro rata salary) Duties and responsibilities will include:
* Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients
* Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information on clients from the advisers, researching and interpreting this information as required
* Booking, preparing for client meetings and attending meetings where requested by the adviser, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after any meetings attended
* Dealing with client queries as and when they arise
* Build strong proactive working relationships with the advisers, clients and providers
* Preparing lifetime cashflow models where appropriate, under the guidance of the team's senior Consultant and Group Financial Planning Manager
* Responding to any requirements from the advisers in relation to constructing a financial plan to address each client's lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models.
* Proactively supporting the Advisers in carrying out regular reviews of clients' financial plans, circumstances and objectives
* Contributing to the team's intention to develop and maintain outstanding, long-term relationships with clients
* Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours. Skills and experience required for the role:
* Experience of working in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with high net worth clients, at least 12-18 months experience within the independent sector of the financial services industry
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Good IT skills
* Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
* Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
* Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.