Partner Banking & FI Propositions Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Partner Banking & FI Propositions Lead
- You'll own and manage the delivery of the Partner & Agency Banking (P&A) and Financial Institutions (FI) proposition, working together with our Product teams, Transaction Services, Payment Services, Large Corporate & Institutions team and all other relevant stakeholders
- We'll look to you to manage all aspects of the customer journey and respective sub journeys, and you'll act as a primary interface for Coverage and the origination teams
- As well as ensuring consistency in all internal and external product and marketing material relevant to the P&A and FI proposition, you'll ensure developed propositions continue to deliver against Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) strategic priorities
- This role offers considerable variety as well as valuable internal and external exposure
What you'll do
As a Partner Banking & FI Propositions Lead, you'll be accountable for the delivery of the P&A and FI propositions, working closely with stakeholders to ensure end to end delivery. You'll be recognised as the primary customer journey and sub journey owner linked to partner banking and FI, and you'll meet customers and speak at conferences to represent P&A and FI propositions.
You'll identify growth opportunities and contribute to CPB strategic priorities, and you'll work closely with the Customer Journey teams to design, lead and coordinate customer insight and training needs.
As well as this, you'll:
- Lead internal stakeholder engagement across all parts of the CPB business, and represent the team in Coverage and origination boards and forums as required
- Identify opportunities for growth and cross selling of products and propositions
- Manage the governance and lifecycle of products within the P&A and FI propositions
- Ensure developed propositions continue to deliver against CPB strategic priorities
- Represent CPB externally and in bank wide multi product discussions, driving engagement across pillars in relation to non personal customers
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with leadership skills, strong customer and market insight, and an awareness of the regulatory and commercial environment in which we operate. Along with an in-depth understanding of the sales and specialist businesses, indirect access and commercial banking, you'll possess the ability to lead and influence cross functions and at all levels of the organisation in order to deliver through others.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience managing, motivating and developing others
- The commitment to the organisation and its values
- The ability to identify improvement opportunities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.