- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Mar 19
Prime Services/Cash Equities EMEA BFO # 124864
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to manage the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
This role will be specifically looking at both the Prime services and Cash equities business. The Prime Services EMEA Business Control function is responsible for understanding and controlling the various Prime Services business lines (covering PB, PBFX, Stock Loan, and Delta One) by substantiating the completeness, accuracy and validity of all business related corporate data. The team deals directly with various departments within the bank on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and requires In depth understanding of the business to challenge decisions and investigate issues.
The Delta One Flow business is a volume driven, client focused desk where the business provides clients with swaps over various European stocks. The main challenge with this business is ensuring there is clear and prompt communication of issues so any breaks can be cleared quickly and easily.
The Stock Loan business involves the lending and borrowing of stock both internally within the bank and across the street, as well as collateral upgrade trades to manage the Bank's RWA cost. The business itself has a number of manual process so tight controls and detailed reviews are required to ensure the P&L and B/S are materially correct each month. There are limited repetitive daily/monthly tasks so the role allows the candidate to drive their own change and become involved in a number of adhoc projects to improve the Flow and Stock Loan business lines. This would involve deepdives into issues to understand the root cause of a problem and then working with various teams.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Educated to 2:1 degree level, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Accounting or financing qualifications preferred (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA)
- Over 3 years' experience in Product Control role with an understanding of the mechanics of the how the Prime and Cash equities business works
- Product knowledge across a range of financial instruments especially in Equities, Swaps and Other derivatives.
- Understanding of the relevant concepts of technical accounting (USGAAP/IFRS)
- Able to self-motivate and work autonomously with additional guidance from other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an ability to explain complex subjects in a simple way and at various levels of the organisation
- Ability to develop solid networks and working relationships across the organisation
- Proficient Excel skills
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.