A pan-European award winning private debt funds is hiring for an Investment Analyst to join their London team.
The firm has the experience, resources and flexibility essential to provide complex financing solutions from senior debt to quasi-equity and hybrid debt as well as mezzanine debt to sponsored or sponsorless corporates.
You will provide support for the sourcing, underwriting and credit analysis of potential new debt investments, assist in deal closings and be involved in post-closing portfolio management and investment monitoring.
As an Investment Analyst, you will:
- Perform detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new debt and/or equity investments of the firm
- Screen new investment opportunities
- Prepare various complex Excel financial models including cash flow analysis, debt sizing and structuring
- Prepare investment committee memos
- Prepare presentations and pitches for internal and external use
- Analyse investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keeping track of relevant current market activities
- Assist in negotiating and preparing the legal documentation
- Assist in investment closings
- Meet with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitoring the existing portfolio
- Additional duties include providing direct support as deemed necessary by senior management
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required from a top tier institution.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a debt-focused team (e.g. Leveraged Finance, Debt Origination or Advisory) from an investment banking, big 4 or equivalent institution.
- Must already have British citizenship, indefinite leave to remain or pre-settlement status – the firm cannot sponsor visas.
- You must have strong analytical & technical skills, are result-oriented, with attention to detail and quality when delivering results under time pressure.
- You must be eager to continue learning the ins and outs of debt finance transactions and have a flexible mindset to take on complicated and new challenges.
- You must have proven project management and organizational skills.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and MS Excel modelling skills – this will be tested in the application process.
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program OR ACA qualification is a plus.