A conscientious and collaborative product professional to mange the development of Schroders' European product range including new fund launches and amendments to existing products. The role will include a particular focus on sustainable product developments and the enhancement and integration of new sustainable regulation across the Schroders' product range.
Working with the senior leadership of the Product Development Team the successful candidate will help develop and manage UCITS and AIFs, including sustainable aspects, across multiple fund ranges. The successful candidate will also partner with colleagues in multiple functions including investment desks, distribution, risk, compliance and legal to evaluate the impact of regulatory change and other strategic product development related initiatives across Schroders' European products.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience as a product professional or have other equivalent industry experience. UK and Luxembourg authorised funds experience is essential.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The role is based in London.
The Product Development Team is responsible for co-ordinating the development of new products and on-going range management for our Luxembourg, UK and Irish fund ranges including taking the responsibly for prospectus and regulatory submissions:
• Development - taking ownership of the development cycle from initial concept, through detailed design, build and launch. • Management - ongoing product range management to ensure existing products are fit for purpose. To the extent that changes or issues are identified, formulating action plans to ensure appropriate action is taken. • Prospectus & Regulatory Submissions - co-ordinate and are responsible for all prospectus amendments for regulatory filings and managing all associated documentation.
What you'll do
• Manage the development of new products launches, including funds with a sustainable focus, with an emphasis on Luxembourg, UK and Irish funds. • Manage the on-going fund ranges. Main activities will include prospectus updates, fund mergers and changes including the integration of sustainability aspects. • Work closely with Strategic Capability Managers to ensure that fund ranges remain fit for purpose in particular in light of sustainable market developments. • Work with investment teams, sales & marketing, operations, compliance, risk, legal and finance teams to ensure adequate support for the product launches and changes. • Maintain awareness of competitor, regulatory and market developments. • Actively contribute and lead on ad hoc work and strategic projects as they arise.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrable product (asset management) experience. • Demonstrable knowledge (including proficient technical capability) of developing and maintaining authorised fund products and unauthorised fund products. • Demonstrable knowledge of sustainable regulations (eg SFDR) and sustainable implementation within a product role. • A broad understanding of securities and instruments, portfolio management techniques, investment processes, and investment management products. • Good understanding of the legal and regulatory risks associated with the financial services industry and applicable FCA and CSSF regulation. • Excellent written and verbal communication. • Excellent attention to detail and procedure. • In-depth knowledge/experience of the investment management, funds/asset management industry. • Ability to multitask across multiple Schroders' fund ranges and asset classes.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Qualifications within investment/asset management e.g. IMC, CAIA, CFA etc. • Wider experience within investment/asset management business.
What you'll be like
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with staff across the business at all levels up to senior management. • Positive attitude; genuinely pro-active and keen to take responsibility. • Strong organisational/prioritisation and project management skills. • Creative with a strong desire to improve and refine the role. • A keen sense of team spirit.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.