Product Manager - Activations
Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it. Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it's a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable. How are we doing so far?
- A family of 750 employees across offices in London, Denver, Krakow, Sydney and more
- A fintech Top 20 company
- 4 million customers globally
- Raised $200 million in funding
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook.
- Covering 150 countries What will you be working on?
You'll be working on one of our biggest business goals: Improving the customer experience from signup to transferring money (activation). We want to make it as intuitive as possible for our customers to create their money transfer. Being a truly global organisation sending money to over 150 countries there will be nuances that we'll need to improve, so it's easy for new as well as existing customers to send money.
What are we looking for?
- Own the user experience for customers creating their first money transfer
- Identify improvements and optimisations in the transfer funnel
- Conduct user research, customer interviews and perform optimisation (A/B) testing
- Define the roadmap for improving the customer journey, prioritising for maximum benefit to our customers and business
- Manage both the strategy and the detail, from big new product initiatives, to detailed understanding of customer behaviour
- Use your technical understanding of mobile and web flows and how they apply to WorldRemit's strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their interactions with WorldRemit by analysing the huge amounts of data we have available and undertaking user research, as well as drawing on the expertise of our Customer Service and Operations teams
- Be the product owner for the Activation team, prioritising the backlog, and writing user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Help facilitate and manage agile ceremonies as the product owner, leading refinement meetings
- A natural leader with a proven track-record of building amazing products, preferably products that require customers to create an order
- A commercial mind-set with a good understanding of how to achieve remittance customer needs and business needs
- Product management experience working hands on with an agile development team of developers and designers
- Evidence of taking a product or features from discovery to live
- Extensive experience in improving the digital acquisition journey for the customer, end to end
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, and prioritising a backlog
- Sound understanding of web and mobile technologies to spot opportunities and avoid pitfalls
- Experience of user research from guerrilla testing to customer interviews
- Analytical mind set with great understanding of A/B testing and correctly interpreting statistical significance
- A great eye for detail - no room for error when people's money is at stake!