- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 May 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO Product Strategists are investment professionals that specialize in a strategy area or market sector. They are recognized internally and externally as experts in this area. Strategists at PIMCO lead new business development efforts; focus on long-term strategic positioning, while seeking to capture near-term demand opportunities. Strategists seek to position PIMCO for sustained high growth rates and attractive levels of profitability, diversifying PIMCO's business by product, investor type, and region. Strategists use their highly specialized knowledge to lead all strategic aspects of that strategy area, akin to running a focused global business unit within PIMCO. Typical Product Strategist teams are 3 to 7 people in size, split between senior Product Strategists and junior Product Associates and Analysts who provide reporting and analytical support.
PIMCO's Multi Sector Fixed Income strategies cover regional and global products with diversified fixed income exposures, with either benchmark orientation or a flexible approach. These products help investors to meet varying needs such as preserving capital, generating income and improving overall portfolio diversification.
PIMCO is seeking a Fixed Income Strategist to join its Multi Sector Fixed Income team in the EMEA region. Strategies in this area include income oriented products such as the Income Fund, Euro Income, UK Income and Strategic Income funds, absolute return strategies such as Dynamic Bond and Global Libor Plus as well as core bond strategies such as Global Bond and Euro Bond. This individual will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the growth of PIMCO's strategies.
Fixed Income Strategist Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the local expert on PIMCO's multi-sector portfolios internally and externally
- Develop a strong partnership with the portfolio management teams in order to be a credible and highly effective PM substitute, serving as the product expert to relationship managers and marketers
- Represent PIMCO's multi-sector products externally at client meetings, industry conferences and meetings with other market participants in Europe
- Develop marketing, servicing and educational materials, including marketing and servicing presentations, monthly commentaries, quarterly investor reports, white papers, and other materials for publication
- Work with investors and their advisors to identify and assess investment needs and recommend suitable investment strategies and solutions
- Identify demand for new products; develop, position and support those products
- Partner with client-facing PIMCO professionals to service and grow our MSFI business globally
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in asset management or sell-side industry
- An MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or an equivalent advanced degree
- Robust understanding of macroeconomics and fixed income fundamentals
- Aptitude in analyzing and communicating portfolio strategy and risk factors
- Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Understanding of the various channels of demand and distribution for fixed income products
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for public speaking in both formal and informal settings, in front of a variety of types and sizes of audience
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a business coupled with the ability to be a cooperative team player
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work according to business needs
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and investment approach
- CFA desired
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office