Production Support Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jan 19
Production Support Associate
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs about 26,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through five business divisions: domestic retail, global markets, global investment banking, global merchant banking, and asset management. For further information about Nomura, please visit www.nomura.com.
The prime responsibility of the Reference Data Production Services team member is to work within the 1st and 2nd line support to the Reference Data applications across the global businesses. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge of the Reference Data space and capable of working within a fast moving environment.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
Provide Production Services Support to the Reference Data systems Ability to analyze and support Reference Data across various platforms is essential. Business line coverage includes Fixed Income and Equities. The platform architecture consists of multiple external/internal applications.
- Background in Production Support role
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income and Equities products.
- Experience with trading applications that have connectivity to external trading applications such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb,and MarkItWire to send/retrieve information would be useful.
- Ability to accurately document and share information with global peer group.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadlines.
- Developing and maintaining ITIL Service Management processes, procedures and work instructions, monitoring compliance to them and undertaking continual improvements as required
- Reviewing service availability, performance and stability, and proactively identifying service trends and taking the appropriate actions to resolve service related issues
- Ownership of Change/Release Management across the global systems
- Take ownership of issues / incidents and see through to completion
- Be able to diagnose and effectively communicate/escalate incidents and problems
- Build strong relationships with the business and gain a good understanding of their processes.
- Build strong relationships with key Technology teams whom we are dependant on.Preferred Skills
- Fixed Income / Equities product experience
- Autosys setup and configuration
- ITIL knowledge