- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Programme ManagerOverview of Group Change Team
Change management at Schroders follows a hub and spoke distributed model with the divisional change teams embedded within each business divisions. Each divisional change team is connected to and part of a central Group change department consisting of a cross divisional enterprise change function, an internal management consultancy team and an operational excellence function. Together these specialist change management resources collaborate to ensure the successful delivery of strategic outcomes prioritised in the best interest of the company.
The Enterprise Change team has responsibility from cross divisional and enterprise change initiatives initiated in response to M&A, Productivity, Regulatory, Data and Maintenance strategies of the organisation. Typically these programmes will be larger in nature and may require a programme manger who is managing multiple change managers, or are complex and disruptive.
Overview of role
We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager to manage the delivery of the a Portfolio of Change.
Work with senior business sponsors, the EPMO, Heads of Change and other Programme Managers to:-
• To manage the delivery of a portfolio of complex programme initiatives from Target Operating Model to implementation.
• Interpret business requirements and agree appropriate project objectives
• Build and maintain delivery plans, ensuring Project Managers across domains remain on track with transparent reporting. Ensure project delivery teams are meeting planned delivery objectives: - time; quality; budget
• To monitor, communicate and mitigate risk
• To support the build of programmes in a consultancy role for those delivered outside Enterprise Change
• To manage communication of progress and changes to the wider organisation
• Manage interdependencies across programmes across the Group
• To manage the senior programme management team within the matrix management requirements of the departments from which they will be provided.
• To be a trusted and enabling manager focussed on developing the teams capabilities
• Support the teams build out or contractions.
• Report to project oversight and governance boards as needed
• Develop effective relationships across the business and the wider change management community
• Provide subject matter expertise and recommend appropriately pragmatic approaches/solutions.
• Define process for delivery where no process exists, and to break out of process where it is ineffective
• Be willing to get involved as needed in the detail, but always maintain a high level and horizon view
• Strong understanding of the Asset Management industry required
• Strong management skill set
• Experience of business process and technology change
• Credibility with business partners at all levels
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process, Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Able to work well in a team and solo
• Focus on quality
• Experience of Agile working practices
• Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
• Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing
• Asset Management and technology industries.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.