Regulated Products Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 19
Regulated Products Specialist
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072869
- To be a Protection Product Specialist within the UK Sales Team.
- The candidate will manage and drive the Protection, and Offshore Bonds Solutions and services in partnership with the existing customer Relationship Managers for HNI, Affluent and mass affluent segments
- The objective of this position is to conduct daily sales activities related to protection and Offshore Bonds, coach and train RMs/ supported markets, and offer specialty services in terms of market intelligence, developing and growing awareness among retail clients of the insurance and protection linked solutions available from Citi and their relevance and importance as part of their financial planning.
- IPB EMEA and UK Consumer bank has been integrated to form one business to leverage synergies and drive efficiencies. The combined business serves over 100K clients with a total footing of $8.5 Billion, and revenue of over $ 120MM. The Investments AUM is over $ 2.6 Billion and the customer Liability book is over $ 5.6 Billion across multiple countries/ geographies.
- IPB caters to the off shore wealth management needs of onshore clients in various EMEA markets and offers products and services across banking products such as current account, savings, time deposits, FCY products and investment products such as mutual funds, structured notes, fixed income advisory, equity brokerage, credit products, dual currency placements, FXOW etc. Our key markets in EMEA are Russia, Greece, UAE and Bahrain.
- UK Consumer bank serves UK residents clients with multi currency banking, wealth management, protection, Offshore Bonds and Retirement related products and services. The business is supported by a small London based branch network with Operation and Customer Service based across multiple sites both in the UK and abroad.
Deliver Results: Revenue:
- To work closely with the UK Sales Team and deliver superior advice to HNW clients on our protection proposition (currently Insurance and Offshore Bonds). Thereby increasing client satisfaction and share of wallet of existing clients and successfully acquiring new clients.
- Responsible for delivering Protection revenue through direct contact with client and driving it through the Relationship Manager teams, across protection, Offshore Bond and other products as they are launched.
- Support the individual Relationship Managers (RM's) and Relationship Officers (RO's) within the UK Sales Team to identify potential protection opportunities in their client bank and work with them to generate Protection Review meetings for you to attend.
- Working with Sales Managers and Relationship Managers to build, maintain and manage an accurate pipeline of current and future Protection Business and manage product applications through the underwriting process as efficiently as possible.
- Collate and share regular Management Information on protection activity across the sales and product teams.
- Wherever possible simplify technical complexity and ensure that key messages are clear, relevant, and understood by Relationship Managers and clients.
- Support RM's and RO's on our protection proposition, including (where requested or required) taking the lead in client discussions in relation to those products, including undertaking a full detailed client assessment, making the appropriate product recommendations based on the clients identified needs and concluding any subsequent product sales.
- Present, from time to time, to the Relationship Manager team and at Client Events.
- Ensure full and best usage of sales advisory tools. Contribute to the further development of sales advisory tools in order to ensure alignment with the banks strategy and optimal usage by Relationship Managers.
- Utilise market knowledge to contribute ideas to business strategy where relevant.
- Assist in delivering training on the protection proposition to the UK Sales Team, where requested.
- Identify areas where current processes can be improved and suggest alternative solutions.
- Work with the Head of Insurance Products to improve, refine and expand the overall protection proposition in line with client's needs, market opportunities and the banks development strategy.
- To support the UK Sales Team with specialist product knowledge and assistance in support of their business objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and wider external customers.
- Provide specialist business development support, technical support and training to the RM's and RO's.
- Work closely with our external Insurance Partners.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, its brand and proposition.
- Ensure engagement with clients is compliant to Citi internal policies (RDIP) and external regulatory policies - RDR, MIFID product registration requirements across jurisdictions and other policies from regulators - FCA, JFSC, FIMNA.
- Ensure all sales activities are compliant to TCF and Citi's suitability processes, and ensure timely escalation of issues as they arise.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. It offers the chance to directly serve clients and offer protection, Insurance and retirement related products, build the ability to partner with and influence sales RMs, product managers and other specialists, and generate revenue, and work with advisory teams to promote our solutions across the business and client base.
- Current sales experience of the products being offered..
- Deep understanding of customer facing protection sales processes and techniques.
- Demonstrable, strong and up to date technical knowledge of protection and Offshore Bonds
- Current (with extensive years) Financial Services experience is essential.
- Experienced and comfortable in presenting to a variety of audiences, from small, focused groups to large conference venues, internal and external audiences.
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of Protection and Insurance related products and markets and ability to understand economic events, to translate for clients
- Have confidence on explaining of protection and Offshore Bonds for individual clients and can explain that to others professionally, as advisor
- Superior product knowledge to recommend/offer the best value-added possible solutions to clients.
- Customer Communication skill over phone and face to face
- Sales aptitude - to convince idea to Customers, Internal Client Relationship Managers.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work with other sales team, products, treasury and overseas partners
- Detail-oriented; control process, documentation and tracking skills. .
- Strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills, ideally with a successful university degree.
- Holds relevant regulatory qualifications to advise on Retail Investment Products including Offshore Bonds, Pensions and Protection.
- RDR qualified e.g. IAD Level 4, IMC Level 4, PCIAM Level 6
- Focus on People:
o Influencing and Persuasiveness
o Building Relationships
- Focus on Business and Results
o Drive and Determination
o Planning and Organising
o Commercial Awareness
o Client Focus
- Valuing Diversity:
o Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
o Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.