Regulatory Liaison for Payments, Receivables and Channels
Description Position Objective:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19016884
The payments industry is going through a period of unprecedented change at present driven by multiple stakeholders, Regulators, Infrastructure and competitors both in terms of traditional bank players and Fin tech providers who are trying to establish a place for themselves in the payments industry, This role primarily focuses on the EMEA Payments and Receivables business but recognizes the impact of developments in the wider core cash industry and the requirement to stay connected with industry and regulatory developments in this space (ie PSD2, EU 924). This role will play a focal point in driving the Payments and Receivables industry engagement on strategic developments in the industry to ensure the commercial priorities of the business are well represented.
Being the best for our clients is at the core of what we do. This role is to ensure that Citi is at the forefront of industry's response to emerging regulatory and industry development, working through and leading the engagemnet key industry bodies in the UK, Europe and beyond. This role will also look to assimilate and coordinate Citi's engagement at industry at all levels to ensure consistency of engagment and messaging. In a rapidly changing environment, ensuring Citi is abreast of key forthcoming developments is critical to ensuring the Payments and Receivables business is focusing time and resources in the right areas. This role will be responsible for the coordination of Citi's evaluation and response to key Regulatory and Indstry developments.
Client advisory is at the heart of what we do. This role will help drive the client engagement around Regulaltory and Industry developments to help distil the impact for our clients and their underlying cash management flows with Citi.
This role will report directly into the Clearing and FI Payments Head, with a matrix into the Domestic Payments and Receivables Head reflecting the complexity of the business and breadth of industry and regulatory engagements across the Payments and Receivables business. Leading the Payments and Receivables Regulatory and Industry engagement, this role will have a specific focus on setting the regulatory and industry agenda across the product set working with Global, EMEA Regional and Cluster Product Managers to supporting strategic business initiatives across the region. Key Responsibilities:
- Formulation of an Industry Engagement Strategy which places TTS Payments anf Receiveables at the heart of key industry developments positioning Citi as a Thought Leader in the minds of our Clients, Competitors and Regulators
- Build links with key Industry Stakeholders including UK Finance, Paym UK, the European Payments Council, EBA Group UK, Key FMI's amongst others
- Work with Payments and Receivables team, along with our core cash partners and Government Affairs to ensure Industry developments are understood and to ensure our products are fit for purpuse and market leading in an ever changing operating environment.
- Support the Client Advisory proposition, helping our clients to distil emerging Regulatory and Industry developments in the Cash Management industry and the impact on their businesses.
- Leading the PandR engagment at industry and coordinting our efforts at all levels to ensure consistent messaging from Citi at time of great change in the industry.
- Will gain knowledge and insight into setting of business strategy
- A regional view of the Payments and Receivables business
- Exposure to seniors management, Clients and Functional partners (Sales, Coverage, Operations, Compliance)
- Have a direct impact on a franchise critical exercise
- Subject Matter Expertise regarding the Payments and Receivables operating envoronment
- Development of leadership skills
- Extensive years of experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Demonstrable understanding of the payments industry and recent and forthcoming key market developments and ability to work through the implications for Citi and our clients.
- Broad understanding of current regulatory environment
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and sharePoint
- Analytical individual with ability to model data and draw conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills: Exceptional organization and process management ability
- Communication Skills: Effective verbal and presentational skills (internal and external) with an ability to influence and build consensus. Effective technical report writing skills required
- Leadership skills: Bringing together processes that include different businesses and support functions
- Team work/People Management: Team player and leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence all levels of management and a team
- Strategic Skills: Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving and independent decision making
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with demonstrated experience in executing against tight deadlines and managing issue escalation
- Drive Change: Ability to drive change within the organization
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
D emonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer