Risk IT COO
Risk IT COO Some careers grow faster than others.
If youâ€™re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customersâ€™ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team of experts in the positon of IT Risk COO.
In this role, you will be:
- Effective business management of the Risk IT department in support of the GBGF business strategy
- Support the execution of HSBCâ€™s IT & business transformation
- Governance of the Risk IT change portfolio in the region, supporting the Group Functions strategy
- Lead the transformation of the Risk IT technology function to deliver the technology benefits
- Monitor adherence to in scope policies & drive greater compliance
- Ensure that Risk IT technology function hits operational KPIS
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Deep expertise and knowledge in the management of a Global IT Organisation or Function and the services that the IT COO function provides.
- Demonstrated business knowledge, including experience of working within a complex global business unit at scale.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs.
- Proven experience of leading a major business or technology transformation, with global programme / project management experience.
- Experience in a senior leadership position, desirably within a global banking environment.
- Exposure to the front and back office operations within a global banking environment would be advantageous.
- Strong financial and vendor management acumen.
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively.
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment.
Youâ€™ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.