See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date:
04 July 2019
Application Closing Date:
31 July 2019
Associate OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorised disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defence program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Decipher attack motivations and techniques by correlating threat data from various sources to complete a comprehensive picture of potential cyber-attacks
- Enable a world-class cyber defence program by working closely with other technical, incident management, and forensic personnel to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives, and activity of cyber threat actors
- Research and evaluate technical and all-source cyber intelligence to develop in-depth assessments of threats to Goldman Sachs networks, systems, users and data
- Develop unique ways to conduct complex cyber intelligence analysis and awareness through collaboration with other Goldman Sachs divisions and trusted outside organizations
- Engage in leading edge threat analysis by using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes to uncover advanced threat actors
- Work at the forefront of designing an innovative threat and security incident management solution
- Enable advanced threat intelligence by creating technical assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on inventive collection and research using proprietary and open information sources
- Develop and maintain analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and enable more strategic detections
- Convey complicated technical or behavioural analysis to senior management via threat messaging, models, analyses, presentations or recommendations SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, above or equivalent in Engineering, Cyber Security or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Technology background with significant experience in cyber security and intelligence analysis required
- Strong knowledge or geopolitics, international security, cyber-security and cyber-intelligence required
- Experience with research and analysis and implementing analytic methods which includes ACH,I&W, PEST and Cone of Plausibility Required
- Experience of performing risk assessments, developing risk assessment models, analysing threat factors, preparing incident response for breaches required
- Experience of providing threat briefs, process/workflow redesign, presenting to large groups/conferences, risk detection and mitigation, security detection and controls required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in dynamic and high pressure situations.
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
- Highly motivated self-starter and a collaborative team-worker
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.