Senior Application Consultant
Northern Trust Technology Strategy
We have always used technology to provide insights, exceptional advice and meaningful client solutions.
Today is no exception. But today brings rapidly changing client behaviours and expectations, technology developments and industry requirements.
Our renowned financial stability enables greater technological advancement. We are enhancing systems, capabilities, data and talent to ensure we continue delivering the greatest client value.
That means investing more resources into our technology.
Currently we are in search of a Senior Application Consultant to join our London FX scrum team.
The role will be based in London reporting into our Chicago office. The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Demonstrated experience as a software development and/or business analysis within the Capital Markets and/or FX front office trading space
• Demonstrated experience with Java, C++, ORM frameworks, MVC patterns, IBM MQ, Solace, MS SQL Server, WebLogic, Tomcat, SOAP, REST, Business Objects, Crystal Development, PowerShell, Python or Cloud Technologies
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of major projects / programs for a global capital markets front office using Agile Scrum principles
• Strong T-shaped skills blending business analysis, software development skills, project leadership and strong communication skills to collaborate with the business
• Demonstrated experience with any one of the following FX platforms: Murex, Spectrum, FX Connect, FX All, 360T, Bloomberg FXGO, Thomson Reuters ET or FXT, Broadridge Regulatory Reporting (futureLandscape), Traiana, Markit TradeSTP.
• Demonstrated experience working with product owners to interpret business user stories and deliver sound technical solutions to the business
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail and an ability to work well with a global team on high-profile deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to develop or maintain computer programs, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installation as needed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of programming languages, various business applications, state of the art technology, and current trends in the computer industry is required to evaluate and recommend new technologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of various application designs and programming techniques, usually acquired through related experience, is required to evaluate processes.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• A College or University degree or prior work experience in the field of IT
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.