Senior Business Analyst - Outbound Correspondence
About the opportunity Department Description
The Client Correspondence team has been set up as an early adopter of a new cross functional team model being explored within FIL. Bringing together all the necessary skills and disciplines from propositions, technology and operations the team has set out to form a new strategic roadmap; building a new product centric approach to how the UK Workplace and Personal Financial Health (WPFH) business manages inbound and outbound correspondence. The team will maintain responsibility for the underlying mechanisms, tools and technologies to consume or produce correspondence, whilst working with the associated business channels and downstream operational functions to support a best in class service model Purpose of the Role
As a Senior Business Analyst you will play a key role working with the team, the Product Owner(s) and key Business leaders within Fidelity International to facilitate and lead the definition of viable business propositions and solution requirements to support Fidelity's Outbound Correspondence aspirations.
You will need to define and develop key business models and data flows from client engagement channels through to the operational processes and underlying system design. You will display exemplary leadership behaviours aligned to the Fidelity values. You will ensure the core business goals are understood and will work collaboratively with technology solution architects, business channel representatives and the delivery teams in order to ensure that solutions address the requirements of the business.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques as well as business analysis tools and techniques. You will ideally have experience working with Scrum or Kanban and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders, support multiple change initiatives and oversee and drive communication streams within the team. This is a leadership role so a willingness to take on new challenges, collaborate and share knowledge freely with colleagues globally is also critical to success. This role will face off to numerous stakeholders in the organisation so the successful candidate will therefore be personable, articulate and have strong facilitation skills to help take initiatives forward.
As a member of a newly forming team you will be expected to drive innovation and continuous improvement, demonstrate leadership characteristics and display high degree of emotional intelligence Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Provide leadership and support to the Product Owner to deliver the business vision and value to the customer, and ensuring proposed solutions & stories align with overarching ambition
- Perform detailed analysis into the multiple areas across the proposition identifying key requirements, new functional and non-functional requirements to support our Outbound Correspondence aspirations
- Provide conceptual solutions to often complicated business problems / needs and make recommendations for preferred solutions, with consideration of associated risks, cost and timescales
- Lead requirements gathering and solution design through workshop facilitation and design thinking.
- Undertake detailed data flow analysis to assist the business in the development of the proposition development activity making recommendations on approach whilst identifying potential issues and risks in the process
- To write effective user stories that detail changes to the product/solution
- To work with delivery team on the continual release approach across the product / proposition
- To ensure that regulatory criteria is met through the design process
- Detail the business benefits and ensure these are traced through and tracked and realised by the business
- Liaise with the business and external stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables and issues
- Undertake detailed analysis and re-engineering of processes related to the wealth management product sets
The successful candidate would be expected to have a proven record of project participation and delivery. The ability to understand technical design and assess approach to rectify any issues encountered is also important.
- Understanding of digital and operational transformation
- Experience of working in Retail asset management organisations
- BA experience within technology systems / data flows
- Requirements analysis using structured techniques
- Strong logical and physical data analysis skills
- Experience of agile or iterative techniques (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP)
- Business process analysis and modelling and proficient in using them to communicate with business and technology
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience presenting recommendations
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a team and individually
As an international financial services organisation, we are in-scope of international regulations in the way that we carry out our work. This position is involved in work that is regulated by the FCA and/or the PRA and their Individual Conduct Rules (COCON) apply to it, along with any other regulation. We provide training on COCON and how it affects our employees. More information about COCON can be found in the Employment Handbook. About you About Fidelity International
- Experience of delivering change
- Able to work to tight deadlines, and manage several tasks concurrently
- Exposure to Design thinking
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.