Senior Business Analyst (Returner Supported Hiring)
About the opportunity About (Department)
This is a key role within the Global Business Operations Technology team, responsible for the expansion of the core FIL data hubs and reporting capabilities to all business areas globally. This team aims to replace legacy systems, reduce the tactical solutions and manual processes across the business and introduce a core set of data hubs, data marts and reporting solutions to service the front, middle and back office operations. Purpose of your role
The role requires a skill set that encompasses the full spectrum of business analyst activities through the project life cycle but with a particular attention on data analysis, data workflow, reporting and end user data support. The role is client facing and will require excellent relationship management and communication skills to ensure a superior service to our clients is maintained. Your key accountabilities
This role is for a Senior Business Analyst who can understand complex business and data issues and has the ability to define and support a data architecture and efficient data delivery service layer. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the business community, seeking agreement on the allocated projects. The successful candidate will have aspirations for the on-going continual improvement & deployment of Business Analyst best practices & standards.
- Planning and organisation of business analysis on projects throughout the project lifecycle to agreed timescales and budgets
- Capture & clarification of business requirements, in particular data and reporting requirements, through a range of analysis techniques
- Project management of small to medium projects.
- Analysis of data, reviewing and resolving discrepancies and drawing conclusions from the analysis.
- Supporting data recipients in their use and understanding of the data available through the data service layer
- Providing direct input into project timelines, estimation, action plans & risk management procedures whilst providing sound delivery approaches to meet business needs
- Acting as a proxy customer with the development teams, facilitating open communication between the customer & development team
Your skills and experience Essential Skills
- Driving & reviewing test scripts for both system integration and user acceptance. Driving user acceptance criteria with the customer
- Interact & work with third party partners and suppliers as required
About you About Fidelity International
- experience in implementing strategic data architectures, data warehouses, data marts, business intelligence and reporting.
- experience in business process re-engineering, analysis, user requirement gathering, gap analysis, cost benefit analysis, workshop facilitation & business case development
- Solid understanding of data governance and data quality.
- project management experience across all phases, from concept, inception through to production.
- experience working on all phases of the IT systems development life cycle, including an Agile methodology.
- Delivery and results focused with the ability to work in a challenging environment
- Sound technical understanding and the commercial acumen to exploit IT for competitive advantage
- Strong customer awareness & business support focus
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, documentation, facilitation & presentation skills
- 3rd Party asset management vendor application experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Data mining and SQL skills to analyse data and data context
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.