Senior Cloud Architect
About the opportunity Department Description
Fidelity is investing in its Enterprise Architecture team with the purpose to serve the needs of Fidelity by enabling the Business, Technology and Data strategies to flourish to realise the targeted business opportunities and value.
Enterprise Architecture operates across the business and domain portfolios.
Overall, the functions aim is to:
- Unite Business, Technology and Data strategies into a technology roadmap
- Lead the transformation of Fidelity's technology estate
- Align innovation with strategy and business need
- Provide strategic thought-leadership for Fidelity
- Commission key strategic change and drive adoption
- Ensure efficient use of change investment leading to maximum business value return
- Operate across technical, organisation and process challenges to drive design of enterprise solutions.
- Instigate and direct Delivery's regulatory and compliance engagement, verifying success through governance checks
- Educate technology and business on solutions and technologies that are relevant to Fidelity's strategic goals
Domain Architecture are the foundation of Enterprise Architecture, enabling core capabilities and providing best practices, common solutions and repeatable patterns that enable our portfolios to provide excellent business solutions that delight our customers. In everything we do, we aim to add real value, provide excellent solutions, and support our people on the adoption journey. The three key pillars of Domain Architecture are: Cloud, Digital, and Unbundling. Purpose of the Role
FIL are a "Cloud First" organisation and are currently looking to refresh and accelerate our cloud adoption strategy. We are looking for an experienced architect who shares our passion for designing the next generation of Fidelity and enabling our people and projects on the journey.
In this role you will be principly responsible for cloud architecture on our Asia Cloud Transformation initiative. With an eye towards advancing the global cloud strategy whilst progressing the Asia Cloud Transitiion, you will be defining architecture technical standards, understanding and mitigating risks of public cloud adoption, and supporting our people in learning about and adopting cloud. You will be supporting solution and technical architects in the region in defining cloud solutions and ensuring they are aligned to FIL EA standards and principles. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Define technical standards and best practices for cloud architecture which reflect FIL's strategies, policies, and risk appetite.
- Support solution and technical architects in building secure and reliable applications on public cloud aligned with the Fidelity Cloud Eco-System.
- Coordinate closely with Cloud Operations to align "landing zone" design and engineering with EA standards and strategies.
- Provide guidance and guidelines on assessing applications' viability for cloud and cloud adoption disposition.
- Identify, document, and mitigate key risks in adopting and operating on public cloud.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to current and emerging regulatory requirements, audit control points, and align with standards.
- Work alongside the Head of Cloud Architecture to create compelling explainer materials that drive the adoption of Cloud.
- Lead discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, costs, project management, and risk mitigation.
- Work closely with solution teams to review and provide feedback on cloud designs prior to ARB.
About you About Fidelity International
- Excellent collaboration and engagement skills to connect with, lead, and empower architects.
- AWS Solution Architect with extensive experience designing cloud native solutions on AWS - Professional level Certification preferred. Additional experience with Azure based system ideal but not mandatory.
- Deep experience in defining formal EA technical standards.
- Demonstrated experience of cloud migration methodologies
- Practical experience of DevSecOps on cloud.
- Experience of providing technical and delivery leadership to engineers and developers to ensure solution designs are consistent with a strategic architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentations.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated experience influence across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Ability to identify and define requirements for a cloud-based application, including clear non-functional requirements.
- Experience with deploying hybrid systems with on-premises and public cloud components.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.