At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation,ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
The M&G Pricing Team sits with the wider Commercial Finance team, providing governance, support and insight on asset management pricing. The main focus initially is ownership of pricing for the internal client ‘asset owner’, which is a £150bn+ relationship, but the role will develop to include external client pricing so that support and cover can be provided to the Asset Management Pricing team.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Lead asset management analysis and insight on profitability on an end to end basis for new strategic opportunities that span both M&G plc businesses, namely Retail & Savings and Asset Management;
- Support Asset Management business in negotiations with the internal client on new investment opportunities, ensuring pricing governance is adhered to and conflicts of interest are managed;
- Support the MGG CFO by coordinating the Asset Management working group for the Triennial Fee review process, providing analysis and insight on profitability at a total client and investment strategy level;
- Work with Institutional Market Intelligence team to provide analysis, insight and benchmarking of internal fees, to support fee negotiation on new and existing mandates;
- Work with the Internal Client Relationships Manager, Legal and Billing teams to support contractual documentation of fee arrangements;
- Work with the Internal Client Relationships Manager and Billing teams to provide reporting to the business on fee generation including tracking of Performance Related Fees;
- Support Billing team in resolving fee queries from the internal client;
- Respond to Value Assessment questions and issues in relation to the internal client, preparing and presenting to appropriate committees and boards as required;
- Work with broader M&G Pricing team to ensure consistency of approach across both the external and internal client books of business.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant or actuary with minimum 5 years post qualified experience;
- A strong interest in and / or experience of asset management and insurance industries;
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to manage short and longer-term priorities;
- Flexibility to produce high quality work under pressure, to tight deadlines and under changing circumstances;
- Be a team player and proactive self-starter;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels and build strong relationships across the business;
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a good track record of process improvement;
- Ability to question and understand complex financial data and demonstrate experience in presenting analysis in a succinct manner and appropriate format;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things