Senior Consultant, Cloud Security Architect, Cyber Security, London
Want to be part of a market leading Cyber Practice?
Cyber Security is one of the most important risks facing businesses today. Systems and processes are becoming increasingly interconnected and automated, and many organisations are now reliant upon technology to drive business strategy and growth. The need for our clients to understand and translate the risks associated with this type of architecture is critical to maintaining business operations and trust with their customers.
EY's UKI Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 5,000 professionals focused on developing, selling, and delivering leading edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4 billion, and growing, global advisory practice with 18,000 professionals. The opportunity
EY is looking for individuals who will be able to apply a consultative and trusted advisor approach towards implementing secure hybrid/multi cloud and on-premise solutions. Are you up for the challenge? Your key responsibilities
You will work with your colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative security/cloud security architecture solutions and specific industry propositions. You have the opportunity to be part of, and take a key role, in growing this valuable part of EY cyber security practice.
The role will see you work as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams on the likes of digital transformation, supply chain and cloud migrations, to specific security engagements advising on secure architecture blueprints, network segregation or security operations.
You will apply your knowledge to engage with clients in security discussions around key IT projects, digital transformation, or migration to the cloud. You will be part of the UK team, but could be part of, or lead international engagements with some of EY's largest clients. You will have proven ability to design and implement secure cloud architectures meeting client business requirements, incorporating appropriate and sustainable security controls based on native cloud security services as well as appropriate vendor solutions. Skills and attributes for success
For the role, you will need to be a good communicator. You will have the ability to convey complex technical content in business language to EY colleagues and clients. You'll need to work in a team and not only look to enhance your own career, but recognise the value in developing others, to strengthen the team.
You will have experience in most of the following:
· Cloud delivery, security and deployment models for IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings provided by at least one of, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud platforms
· Working knowledge of key cloud security standards e.g. NIST, CIS, NCSC, ISO, CSA STAR
· Providing security review of network and system architecture designs
· Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
· Technical knowledge in three or more domains in cloud services or on-premise context - Routing, Firewall policy, Anti-DDoS, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Network Segregation, Security Information and Event Management, Threat and Vulnerability
· An understanding of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) into SaaS services and integration of CASB to SOC/SIEM services
· Operating as an IT architect or security architect within complex projects
· Designing and implementing IT Resilience into IT projects to ensure Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity requirements are established
· Creating or securing cloud solutions in two or more Security Technologies, including but not limited to: Identity and Access Management, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Network Security, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention, Anti Malware, Email Security, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Protection, Industrial Control Security, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Patch Management, Deceptive Technologies, Data Loss Protection, Application Security, Governance Risk and Compliance
· Technical knowledge in three or more domains in cloud services context - DevSecOps, Firewall policy, Anti-DDoS, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Information and Event Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Identity and authentication, virtualisation, Network segregation, micro services architecture
· Detailed knowledge of good industry practice in tiered security architecture design
· Knowledge of at least one coding language is preferable To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong academic record, to degree level or equivalent industry experience
· Security relation qualifications e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, GIAC, relevant SANS and Cloud vendor certifications Ideally, you'll also have
Key sector experience in: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport What we look for Core consulting skills
Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement Technical skills
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and capability in your specialist capability Market/Sector knowledge
- Demonstrable market/ sector expertise in your field Versatility
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.