Senior DevSec Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech Security teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
As a security engineer in our DevSec team you will be responsible for ensuring that security is embedded and automated within our AWS Infrastructure using the latest security tools and DevOps practices. This is a hands-on DevSec role where the candidate will be helping to implement security tools and work with teams to shift security left and to promote AWS secure-by-design principles.
- Implement automated security tooling within AWS
- Design and review security for AWS networks
- Document cloud security processes for teams to follow
- Review cloud security risks
- Stay up to date with the latest AWS security best practices
- Work with platform teams to help remediate vulnerabilities
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- A Security Professional - A foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering
- Collaborative with the InfoSec teams and other stakeholders
- Experienced with automation, scripting and optimizing day-to-day operations, workflows, and security tools
- Adept in Infrastructure as Code
- Able to describe the lifecycle of code through a pipeline and into production
- Experienced in a security role, or a role that works closely with platform teams
- Adept in Cloud security (Amazon Web Services)
- A excellent communicator, in both technical and non-technical topics
Bonus points for...
Why should you join us?
- Previous experience working with security tooling in DevOps and AWS environments
- Terraform experience
- Lambda experience
- Cloud Custodian knowledge
- Kubernetes experience
- AWS WAF experience
- Amazon API Gateway experience
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you. #LI-CW1 TECH01