Senior Front End Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer - Direct to Consumer
Direct-to-Consumer is the home of ITV Hub, and last year we served 1 billion videos to 20 million users across 20+ platforms including Amazon Fire, Xbox, Android and iOS devices to name but a few. We're constantly expanding with year on year video delivery increasing by 40%.
With the options of where we distribute our content growing by the day, there will be new ground we embark on with smart connected homes, new streaming platforms and new shows from our studios.
We have just come through a very exciting & record-breaking time for ITV with our online performance during the World Cup unmatched by our rivals with record numbers of users streaming the live football and that is before we even elaborate on the success of Love Island. Our viewing figures for 2018 broke records and the trend is carrying on into 2019.
ITV is recruiting for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join the DTC team to focus on providing highly responsive, mobile first front-end solutions that will allow ITV to be best in the breed for video-on-demand, catch-up and new original content in the UK.
The Senior Front-End role is absolutely critical to the wider ITV plan so we are very keen to see applicants with experience of the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with senior technical staff to explore and suggest strategic technical solutions to support ITV's long-term strategic technology roadmap
- Ensure developed software conforms to operational requirements of hosting environment
- Work with test and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the life cycle
- To liaise with Product Managers and Solution Architects to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features
- Work with Project Managers to translate requirements and product features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings, and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks
- Work with 3rd Party suppliers where necessary offering direction, support, and documentation
- Mentoring and coaching more junior staff. Provide technical leadership and direction to peers and colleagues.
- Specify, design and implement reusable components that are efficient, scalable and well abstracted.
- Build a comprehensive unit and functional test coverage using automated test-driven techniques to ensure code quality.
- Write, review and take responsibility for technical documentation that assists teams in picking up domain experience.
- Be active in developer communities outside of ITV, contribute to discussions and external projects, attend conferences and build a network of like-minded individuals
- Excellent Node.js
- Test Driven Development or at least Unit testing
- Excellent (X)HTML and demonstrable understanding of HTML5
- Excellent CSS2.
- Responsive/Mobile first experience
- Experience of integrating with CMS such as Contentful
- Experience of HTML5 video playback
This is a great opportunity to join ITV, we are more than television and this role will give you further insight into what that actually means. Our DTC department is at the forefront of ITV"s transformation so apply today to avoid missing out!!!
Closing date: 22nd May 2019
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."
For more information check out….. www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/diversity-and-inclusion/