Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Financial Controller at Checkout.com
Checkout.com is actively looking for a fully qualified Financial Controller to lead the EU financial control team, be integral to sustaining the rapid business growth and make sure everything runs efficiently. This role will also be working closely with our regional Finance leaders in APAC, MENA, UK and US to ensure processes and robust controls are in place throughout the Group.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform in a dynamic environment, adaptable to change, have a pragmatic approach and leadership skills! About you:
What you will be doing:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience in FinTech or Financial Services is an advantage - industry experience is crucial
- Strong focus on processes and financial controls
- High attention to detail
- Up-to-date technical accounting skills and confident preparing IFRS financial information
- The ability to work closely with external advisers (audit and accounting) and internally with colleagues and stakeholders (Group finance, Treasury, Regulatory, UK FC, tax, FP&A)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you'll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Strong people manager who can support the team's development
- Ability to solve big data problems and experience of Workday ERP system an advantage
- Responsible for accurate monthly reporting on EU entities.
- Ensure effective balance sheet reconciliation process and review controls operating throughout the year
- Assisting with the development of processes and financial controls across all EU entities
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports and performing Opex analysis.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information to support regulatory submissions and preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Group accounting policies
- Manage the local financial reporting and local audit process - coordination with accounting support, local tax advisors and external auditor
- Preparation of accounting papers for relevant entity level accounting matters for review by Group financial reporting.
- Managing high performing team of Accountants and Finance Analysts
- Report to the Group financial controller with timely and accurate financial information
- Lead and act as the finance representative on ad-hoc projects