Senior Performance Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 May 19
Senior Performance Engineer
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Senior Performance Engineer to join HSBC Technology.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- working with product owners and business to define and agree performance NFRs, and work with architects and developers to ensure performance driven solutions, designs and development are implemented
- understanding performance test requirements across the development lifecycle, and define and construct performance tests to satisfy them
- embedding performance engineering and test processes, tools and techniques into cross-functional teams, with a particular focus on automation
- undertaking performance testing, tuning and optimisation of digital applications and solutions, and working as part of the multi-skilled cross-functional team to meet the defined NFRs
- demonstrating strong communication and stakeholder management skills to technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in Performance engineering and/or testing discipline
- Knowledge and experience of performance testing and tuning Java and Web applications, their designs and infrastructures
- Familiar with performance testing tools (such as JMeter, MicroFocus Loadrunner/Performance Center, SOASTA), monitoring/logging tools (such as AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk) and other UNIX/Linux/Web monitors & performance analysis tools to diagnose and resolve performance issues
- Experience planning, estimating, designing, executing and analysing output from performance tests to satisfy NFRs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
In addition to the requirements listed above, you will stand out more if you have:
- Experience of performance testing and tuning micro-services / APIs running on Cloud based PaaS platforms (eg. Pivotal Cloud Foundry), using Springboot and/or MuleSoft framework, hosted either on premise or within a managed service (eg. AWS) is desirable
- Experience of working in an agile environment, DevOps team or a similar multi skilled team in a technically demanding function
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background.
This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.