Senior Python Engineer Lead – Cross Asset Reporting Platform – Vice President
Senior Python Engineer Lead - Cross Asset Reporting Platform - Vice President
Senior role within the Global Equity Derivatives Structuring Technology team. The successful candidate will form part of an exciting new team focused on delivering a new client facing X-Asset platform for the Investible Indices and managed portfolios business. The role will involve partnering closely with the business to develop innovative technical solutions for this high profile revenue growth initiative, with the aim to deliver a best in class platform incorporating Portfolio composition, Life cycle management, Portfolio optimization and Analytics capabilities for our end clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning technology group focused on a greenfield project to develop a multi asset Client Web Portal.
This exciting FO facing role involves working closely with our highly enthusiastic business partners to ensure development efforts are focused in the right way at the right time and that they satisfy business needs for the long term.
Candidate will be involved with the full delivery lifecycle, from strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and support.
The candidate will specifically be given ownership of the reporting pod within the project. The skills required will cover design, development and evolution of the capabilities.
We are looking for proactive, highly motivated technologists with a positive attitude. Must have excellent team-working, communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Someone keen to make an impact in a new, challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong development skills and experience using OO development (Python, Java or C++)
- Experience of building client-facing reporting capabilities for cross asset derivatives (including associated API's)
- Good understanding of cross asset derivatives and their key risk attributes (Equity, Credit, FX, Commodity, Rates etc.).
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Experience with development, deployment and maintenance of commercial service oriented application(s).
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery.
- Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation.
- Ability to work effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) whilst influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management with the ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternatives.
- Experience working to tight time frames without sacrificing quality.
- Experience with Python
- Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
- Understanding of equity derivative products
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.