At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommend financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £118.9 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,976 people (figures as of 05 Feb 2019).
The purpose of the role is to lead and perform manual quality assurance and testing on various applications that is central to the RLAM business, in particular thinkFolio. This in turn will contribute to the overall aim to provide an effective testing framework that will ensure confidence and control around the system change process for RLAM business applications.
What will you be doing
- Creating comprehensive test cases from complex business requirements
- Test execution, raising informative defects and managing them through to resolution
- Creating timely, informative and accurate updates / reporting, including escalation as appropriate to achieve the best results
- Test planning and estimation
- Agile methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in an Asset Management type environment is essential.
- Able to pragmatically tailor testing strategies to business needs and risks.
- Good communicator with ability to work directly with key IT teams, project teams, users and fund managers.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to take ownership and resolve issues on their own accord. Ability to perform under pressure and prioritise tasks appropriately
- Experience dealing with users and/or vendors from both a business and technical perspective
Skills that will help you in the role
- Good client facing skills
- Enjoys problem solving and investigation
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Strong SQL skills
- Windows skills
- MS Excel and Office skills
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.