Senior Security Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Feb 19
Senior Security Engineer
1 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£0 - £0
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Operate as a functional specialist within the Cyber Security service, supporting the wider Group; leading assigned team members and virtual teams as appropriate.
Will have significant and in depth knowledge of specific Cyber Security applications and/ or processes. May act as an SME for complex systems/ processes and is 'on point' to provide support and guidance as required.
Is likely to be a Cyber Security Specialist with in depth knowledge of complex Cyber Security processes and/ or technical requirements such as forensics.
Could hold or be working towards professional Cyber Security qualifications such as CSIM or ISACA although this is not a mandatory requirement
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join a growing team as Lloyds Banking Group transforms into a leading digital organisation. We need your help to shape and influence an array of transformational projects ensuring that they are delivered securely. Leading a team of Security Engineers, you'll be empowered to guide the engagements, influence the risk and help the business operate safely.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing senior level engagement and be escalation point for cyber security related issues
- Accountability for all projects within assigned business unit
- Representing Cyber Security at local governance forums
- Task management of Security Engineers and take accountability for quality of work output
- Ensuring we have the right people on the right projects at the right time
To do this successfully we expect that you'll need to have:
- Experience supporting major programmes and other project based activities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A technical background in Cyber Security
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group offers an array of benefits, including flexible and agile working practices. You would be joining a large security organisation with many diverse roles available and lots of opportunity for growth and development. The culture at LBG brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment. We'll also provide a competitive overall benefits package which includes:
• A performance related bonus
• Generous pension contribution
• 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
• A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
• Wider corporate benefits and perks
So get in touch if you have the experience we're seeking, we'd like to hear from you.
• Plan and manage support to a defined area (s) of the business unit, participating as a member of the assigned business team and ensuring the provision of an efficient operation which meets customer needs.
• Act as a role model for and positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours
• Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality ensuring that information is shared only with the appropriate internal teams.
• Demonstrate exceptional compliance with Bank policies and standards.
• Provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence business decisions which enables business area to gain a full understanding of the implications linked to their decisions.
• Has a thorough understanding of supported systems and processes and is able to perform as a Subject Matter Expert providing clear technical guidance/ support when required (such as in an incident scenario).
• Will be seen as a Cyber security specialist with demonstrable experience and a track record of administering/ running/ delivering a specialist Cyber Security discipline or toolset (such as application security, vulnerability management or forensics).
• Leads a group of SME's and is responsible for overall performance of a group of associated tools/ systems/ processes.
• Establish, develop and manage relationships with stakeholders to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions and optimise business results
• Obtain information from and deliver information to other business units, agreeing outputs and deliverables and identifying process enhancements to meet operational efficiency
• Define user requirements and test/implement computer systems, processes, procedures, products or services, ensuring these support operational efficiency and provide data to meet the changing needs of the business
• Support or assume responsibility for agreed change projects, coordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverables and continuous improvement within the required time, cost and quality parameters.
• Co-ordinate the preparation of information for the planning, budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring assigned business areas are aware of their performance and any variance from agreed targets.
• Ensure the technical accuracy of all models used by team members so that effective analysis takes place for the business areas supported.
• Identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
• Likely to coach own team and across matrix operation
• Stakeholder influence at grade G and above
• Scope of influence external to own function
• Complex processes in terms of scale, scope and specialism with a cross-divisional impact; recognised SME
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.