My client, a prestigious Investment Management organisation, is looking to expand its technology function by hiring a Desktop Support specialist following a period of rapid growth. Excellent communication skills and a proven track record in an environment with senior users is essential.
The team that you will be working within respond to end user issues and requests for technical information and assistance. Receive, prioritise, document and actively coordinate resolution.
- Resolve problems using problem resolution and escalation procedures leveraging diagnostic and incident tracking tools.
- Desktop Technology: provide a single point of contact for end users to receive technical support and maintenance within the organisation’s desktop computing environment. Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade desktop hardware, software and related equipment to ensure optimal performance. Troubleshoot problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training as required.
- Application Support: provide support to end users on how to use software applications to fulfill business objectives. Provide guidance in the proper use of software applications and troubleshoot application usage issues.
- Field and document incoming issues/requests and nature of concern
- Resolve issues and requests or escalate problems when required, to the appropriate technical resource
- Access and contribute to knowledgebase and frequently asked questions/resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform desk side diagnosis and resolution of problems for end-users
- Document problem-solving processes and successful actions taken through to final resolution in incident management system
- Identify trends and evaluate potential resolutions to proactively reduce future occurrences
- Develop self-help tools and frequently asked questions for end-users
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user computing infrastructure
- Perform desktop moves, adds, and changes as required
- Create and handle helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
- Maintain desktop hardware and software inventory
- Maintain relationships with desktop technology vendors and service providers
- Learn appropriate software and usage to provide application support to end-users
- Communicate problems and issues to management, development teams and end- users
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ support experience in a Windows 10 Network Environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and client service skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (2016, o365)
- Knowledge and understanding of ActiveSync and mobile device management with an expertise in iPad and iPhone devices
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented with ability to collaborate with others
- Strong organizational and document management skills are essential
- Experience in the finance industry is preferred with exposure to market data services and applications Relevant industry certifications are a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting Citrix and remote access issues
If this role is of interest please get in touch with Amanda Hawkins at Finshore for more information.