You will be a key player in your team designing and delivering solutions that solve complex business and technical challenges using industry best practices for quality, security and performance.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Day to day you will be coding Stories with your team to deliver the Sprint goal.
- You will work closely with your Product Owner to understand customer requirements and contribute to the Epics and Stories that become deliverable features.
- You will balance product delivery with technical excellence by proposing technical Stories that help your team meet our departmental technical goals.
- During the Sprint you'll be coding your own Stories and helping less experienced engineers through pair programming, code review and coaching.
- You will be developing solutions to complex technical problems that you will review with your own team and our Architects.
- You'll also be working on cross-team deliverables, collaborating with engineers from other teams because as a Senior we offer you the opportunity to work with multiple teams.
- Where needed, you will have the opportunity to work directly with 3rd party engineers when integrating their APIs into our services.
- As well as coding you will be actively participating in your team's Agile events: Refinement, Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective and daily Stand-ups.
- Outside your team, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to cross prod/dev activities to improve our department wide tooling, working practices and standards.
- As a Senior Engineer you'll be providing technical direction and leadership within your own team and across prod/dev by contributing to our active internal developer community
- You'll also be able to write blog posts which we'll publish on our external tech blog.
- Languages: Java 11.
- Microservices: Spring, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Kafka.
- Containers/Deployment: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Cloud: GCP, Terraform, Helm.
- Data: Oracle, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Vertica.
- Testing: Junit, Spock, Pact, Postman.
- Build/Deploy: Jenkins, Gradle.
*And many more!