The T Rowe Price Fixed Income Technology team is looking for a Senior Quant Developer with banking / financial services experience; specifically coming from a Front Office, quantitative background with a working knowledge of Fixed Income markets, securities, and analytics. The successful candidate will help expand the team in Baltimore/London to support the development and delivery of quantitative research and models in partnership with our Fixed Income Quantitative Research Analysts (Quants).
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role - from gathering requirements to proposing and delivering solutions - which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, logic, data, and technical challenges. This is a unique role where you can leverage both your exceptional technology skills and your financial knowledge. You will be called upon to leverage your technical and analytical expertise to solve both computational and data-related problems.
You will work with smart, talented people across our business. We will expect you to be agile, to lead and to think outside the box. In return, we will give you challenging work that has a meaningful impact as well as opportunities to learn and grow and operate within a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that is how we help our clients succeed.
- Partnering with Quants to deliver models to inform the investment decision making process
- Innovate and improve proprietary models and algorithms; design and deliver in terms of high reliability, resiliency and scalability
- Solves unique problems that have a broad impact and delivery of business value
- Build large-scale distributed computing programs to generate insightful analytics and present results in user-friendly visualization
- Leads disciplinary or cross-functional initiatives of notable risk; uses sophisticated analytical thought to identify innovative solutions
- Operates as a hands-on technologist and delivers within a team as an individual developer
Business and Analytical Skills
- Demonstrates outstanding awareness of the complexities of the domain – Portfolio Management, Quantitative Research, Risk, etc.
- Employs a pragmatic approach to balance tactical and strategic concerns when solving problems
- Makes decisions that are in line with the firm’s broader business and technology strategy
- Converses in many technologies and willingness to learn new technologies as required.
- Demonstrates deep experience in automated testing and techniques.
- Performs as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle and coaches' others around such practices
- Conversant in several styles of architecture
- Provides a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when and how to apply them appropriately
Leadership and Influence
- Effectively formulates strategy and successfully executes against it
- Capable of leading important software development projects in terms of stakeholders, technical complexity, and organizational complexity
- Drives consensus at senior levels and resolves technical conflict when it arises
- Provides feedback and coaching to others who have management responsibility of resources
- Holds colleagues and teams accountable for adhering to practices and policies
- Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Financial Engineering from a leading university.
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience.
- Experience of Front Office software development within Asset Management, Hedge fund, Investment Bank or FinTech
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income markets, securities, and analytics.
- Willingness and excitement to learn unfamiliar quantitative subjects or tools/technologies, as required on the job.
- Strong analytical skills; experience working with and analyzing large data sets.
- Proficiency in coding, demonstrated interest in translating algorithms and models into production quality code.
- Expert knowledge in multiple modern programming language(s) - Python, R, Java, C/C++.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of one or more SQL/no-SQL database technologies and their application.
- Strong understanding of testing approaches with a focus on performance and accuracy
- Experience operating under Agile environment to deliver software increments in an adaptive and iterative manner
- Advanced degree in quantitative field e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Financial Engineering
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g., statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimization algorithms.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Experience of web-based development and visualisation technology for portraying large and complex data sets and relationships
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg products a plus e.g. Terminal, B-PIPE PORT
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.