- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Prudential plc
Senior Tax Specialist
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 18 Mar 19
Senior Tax SpecialistWorking with M&G Prudential as a Senior Tax Specialist means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
I f you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As part of the M&G Prudential Life Tax Team, the Senior Tax Specialist will support the provision of a full tax advisory and compliance service to the main Life company of the Group, covering direct, indirect and operational taxes.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Preparing and in some cases reviewing tax reporting output during the group reporting process on actuals, forecast and plan as required.
- Preparing and revising UK corporation tax returns and performing other tax compliance tasks (e.g. SAO documentation) as required ensuring adherence to the minimum standards compliance framework.
- Undertaking tax technical research.
- Ongoing monitoring of the information provided by our external service providers, checking the accuracy of the data and reviewing the MI
- Supporting the tax managers on advisory and technical issues arising on projects and transactions.
- Maintaining close working relationships with the tax support team in Mumbai and continue to integrate and expand their role in supporting the data mining for all corporate tax compliance activity.
- An accounting or tax qualification (ACCA, ACA, CTA)
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach to your work with a keen willingness to learn and improve
- Experience of working in a regulated financial environment
- Experience of working in UK corporate tax.
- Experience/Knowledge of UK Life Tax would be useful but not essential
- Experience (technical and commercial) of the UK insurance industry gained either in industry or in the profession
- Experience of working with corporate tax software
- Experience of working with complex MI and proficient Excel abilities
- The ability to build strong relationships with other tax, finance and actuarial teams within the business and work collaboratively
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Hannah Macmillan
Closing Date: 27 March 2019