Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Senior Treasury Lawyer at Checkout.com:
Checkout.com is seeking a talented senior treasury lawyer to join our regulatory legal team. You'll be joining an expanding team in one of Europe's most valuable fintechs. As our treasury lawyer you'll advise and take the lead on a wide range of legal, regulatory and financial issues impacting our treasury activities, enabling the business to scale quickly, and ensuring we operate within our risk appetite.
You'll be working closely with other sub-teams within Legal, all areas of the business and law firms, as well as having regular contact with the senior management and executive leadership of our business. This is a fast-paced role that requires someone with extensive experience to manage a busy workload, demonstrating excellent critical judgement, quick thinking and agility. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in supporting the company's rapid growth across multiple geographies.
Acting with autonomy, You'll take ownership of matters, identifying legal issues proactively, evaluating relevant risks and finding effective solutions to unique and complex treasury and corporate activities.
Our mission is to be a Legal team that exceeds expectations across the board, providing pragmatic and commercially focused advice, finding creative solutions to manage risk and becoming trusted advisers to our colleagues in the business. About You:
What you will be doing
- Senior treasury, regulatory or financial services lawyer (10 years+ PQE) with in-house experience.
- Experienced grasp of treasury and prudential issues and a creative and commercial approach
- Experience of working in a high growth, international environment would be beneficial
- Previous in-house fintech, payments and/or banking experience is desirable
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Open-minded, adaptable, resilient, dynamic and willing to accept new challenges.
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Advising the business on the regulations applicable to its licensed business. In the UK ensuring a focus on e-money and payment services regulations and the FCA's Principles for Business. For Checkout's global licences, advising on the relevant regulations and requirements for its e-money, payments and/or money transmission licences.
- Assisting the Treasury and Strategic Finance teams with the capital, liquidity and safeguarding assessments, under the relevant regulations, for our new and expanding licensed businesses around the globe, including legal entity holding structuring.
- Supporting your legal colleagues with new licence applications, in particular around the prudential and safeguarding requirements for the proposed new business.
- Supporting the Treasury and Compliance teams on the systems and controls requirements in relation to financial services.
- Advising on our activities and products to ensure clarity on which are classified as a regulated activity and are within a regulator's perimeter.
- Being part of the team in relation to Checkout's M&A activity and ensure the structure of the M&A opportunity is creative and innovative and aligned with the business's strategic aims.
- Supporting the Treasury and Compliance teams on the solvency and wind-down requirements of our respective regulators.
- Supporting the Treasury team with the governance around the firm's prudential requirements, including presentations to the capital and liquidity sub-committees and the Audit Committee and communication with our regulators.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, provide advice on the impact of the forthcoming changes and provide training to the business.
- Managing and interacting with external resources cost-effectively; preparing and reporting on the legal budget.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values. What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here . More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.