Senior User Experience Researcher
Job Description Title
: Senior UX Researcher
Permanent role in London
We're looking for a top-notch Senior User Experience Researcher to help us partner with our customers in developing desktop and mobile applications for professionals in the legal industry. We need a researcher who is passionate about creating user research strategies at both program and individual study levels. The person in this dedicated role will be hands-on with all aspects of research including planning, executing, and analyzing data.
The person in this dedicated role will be fluent in both design and usability research. They will work closely with local and remote teammates in user experience, product development, and technology teams. Research projects will take place in usability labs, customers' offices, and facilitated remotely. The candidate should be equally comfortable in both the role of research facilitator as well as observer. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment where research studies will be executed on a near weekly basis.
We are looking for a UX Researcher who is passionate about making a product successful. We are not interested in researchers who simply provide data for others to draw their own conclusions. We are looking for someone who wants to be a true partner to our business and design teams.
More important than the number of methods that the candidate is familiar with is the ability to quickly understand complex challenges and identify the evidence needed to solve those challenges.
This position is based in Central London. Required Skills
- Quickly synthesize business objectives and customer needs
- Develop a UX research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan
- Facilitate, collect, analyze, and present results
- Transform the data into prioritized, actionable recommendations (within a SHORT turn-around time)
- Clearly communicate usability analysis, next steps, and potential design solutions
- Create persuasive presentations geared towards product owners, developers, visual designers, other UX team members, and c-level executives
- Participate in user profile definition, ethnography, persona, and use case development
- Manage user research participant recruiting and/or be the point of contact with outside recruiting firms
- Create visualizations including service blueprints, consumer journey maps, ecosystem maps, etc.
- Be a UX evangelist to drive strategic user experience initiatives that promote user-centered design approach
- Previous experience with design or research projects involving complex workflows, visualization of large datasets, operating system-level tools, and both web and software environments is a PLUS
- MSc or MA in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or Interactive Design preferred
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience applying research to high-volume, interactive B2B and B2C desktop applications, rich Web-based applications, or platform-level tools
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Expert understanding of user-centered design principles, research methodologies, and tools
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Axure
- Knowledge of UserZoom and Qualtrics Survey Software a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations