Senior iOS Engineer
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
Based in London and working in a feature team, you'll be helping us build our iOS App. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries - and we're expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
The codebase is modern, entirely written in Swift; we release every two weeks using Fastlane, and yet, we still have an appetite for so much more. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Writing great code. We understand code is read more than it's written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. You'll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. We're obsessed with shipping value; you'll own work beyond just a pull request. You'll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You'll review other's work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
- A skilled Engineer. Extensive experience in building native iOS apps.
- Keen on Swift. You're well aware that it's the future, even though you may secretly hold a place for Objective-C in your heart
- Works across the whole app. From REST calls and auto-layout, to build processes and test cases.
- Happy in the Clouds. Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You'll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Well-principled. Especially in the craft of Software Engineering - you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability and other -ilities.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We're always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.