The Requirements We're hiring a Software Developer in London
What you'll do
- Take on this hands-on role where you'll be working on a global strategic intraday risk system within NatWest Markets Technology
- We'll look to you to apply your technical mind-set and software development experience as we move to future-state cloud-compatible technology
- Joining a leading development team, you'll have the opportunity to expand you skill set as well as raise your profile within the bank
- This role is available at vice president level
Sitting in fixed income technology, we'll look to you to develop and maintain a Java server-side risk management system. You'll cover the generation, caching, and aggregation of risk across multiple asset classes, with a focus on fixed income, and will work with our clients and stakeholders from a range of areas including eTrading, market risk, finance and treasury. You'll also have the opportunity to work closely with our technology partner teams to make sure we align deliveries to meet the bank's strategic goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Contributing to the high and low level design, technology and architecture choices and performance optimisations of the system
- Working closely with front office business users and various programme teams to fully understand functional requirements, and associated dependencies
- Driving all stages of the project, from design to production
- Producing high quality, scalable, testable and modularised code
- Mentoring less experienced developers on best coding and design practices
We're looking for someone who is technically-minded with strong Java development skills and experience of distributed caching. You'll demonstrate your knowledge of a range of software engineering issues, as well as your understanding of all software development lifecycle phases, including development, testing and delivery. Along with your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you'll have the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders as well as being able to mentor less experienced developers in the team.
Along with this, you'll need:
- Experience of enterprise integration patterns
- Familiarity with software development and system architecture patterns
- Experience of working on relationship databases, such as Sybase, MS SQL and Oracle
- Experience of low latency message transports
- Familiarity with containerised technology like Kubernetes or Docker, and cloud infrastructures and environments
- An understanding of mocking frameworks
While not essential, the ability to interpret C# of C++ code would be beneficial. How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.