Software Engineer- Equities Trading - Asset Management
JPMorgan Asset Management is part of the Asset & Wealth Management Business of JPMorgan. We draw on a full range of capabilities to provide integrated financial solutions for institutions and individuals worldwide and our broad range of financial services activities offers an exceptional range of career opportunities. If you are interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, initiative and diversity are amongst our core values, then we welcome you to explore the opportunities at JPMorgan.
Equities Trading is a global trading desk within JPMorgan Asset Management, that executes over $5bn every day across all the majormarkets in the world. Our team are building best in class tradingplatforms that enable industry leading execution for our clients. Weexecute the full spectrum of flow from high volume low touch orders that needto be handled in a fully automated way, to smaller numbers of extremely largeorders that demand high levels of sophistication in execution methodology.
The Equities Trading Technology team are looking for thevery best and brightest agile technologists across the globe to be part of amulti-year program to revolutionize how the buy-side executes in themarket. In short our ambition is to turn trading from an art to a scienceby building industry leading technology platforms to manage orders, executetrades across the full array of equities products and automate the tradinglifecycle.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
We want developers that:
• Arepassionate technologists who care about the code they engineer the quality and eleganceof the solutions they build.
• Arefocused on continuous improvement and fast iterative delivery
• Arecomfortable working directly with traders and quants in a BA free environment
From atechnology perspective we are looking for experienced technologists that:
• Have excellent knowledge ofcore Java
• PracticeTDD and BDD engineering techniques
• Have an understanding of java IOCframeworks such as Spring or Guice
• Understand next generationmessaging and streaming technologies such as Kafka, Solace or Ignite
In returnyou will be joining a team that:
• Valuesthe very best technologists and promotes the technical career path withinfinancial services
• Can gofrom code complete to production in under an hour
• Deployscode to production daily
• Encouragescreative thinking and those that bring new ideas to the team on how to make usbetter
• Hasproximity to the traders and quants who are equally passionate about technologymaking a difference with technology The Press
We are serious about what we want to do andachieve. We believe in technology as a differentiator between us and ourcompetitors. Put simply the better the technology we have, the betterservice we will be able to deliver our clients. Some of the press articlesbelow outline our ambition: Publication Article Date
Transforming Trading with Machine Learning
Automation in Asia
The 2018 Trading Tech 40
Bringing finance to the forefront of innovation
Best Execution: Adding Science to the Art of Trading
Equities Leaders Summit
60 second interview with Kenneth McLeish
©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorganChase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerDisability/Veteran.