- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Jan 19
25 January 2019
£0 - £0
Job Description Summary
Software Engineer in the Markets Value stream in the Product, Controls and Data Support Team
Core Purpose of Role
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
The role of the Software Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Software Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended whilst validating and verifying feature behaviour against requirement specifications.
Software Engineers work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine whilst being quick learners who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry.
Behaviours & Competencies
- An automation first approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- Significant problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative
- Excitement about working with others to collectively enable and achieve greater results
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficient at development in VBA, Java or .Net
- Scripting skills such as Perl, Python, Powershell etc
- Supporting MS and UNIX (Unix/Aix/Linus/Solaries etc.) environments
- Knowledge of relational databases with strong T-SQL
- Working within AWS, Azure or Private Cloud environments
- Monitoring experience using Splunk or DynaCenter tools
- Batching experience using Tivoli Scheduler (TWS)
- DevOps tooling across Git/Gerrit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible and Urban Code for continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Supporting a number of bespoke key applications in the Run area of CBM IT.
- Ensuring 1st/2nd line support to back office colleagues across Trade Support, Markets Risk and Finance - responding quickly and appropriately to requests.
- Driving service improvements, trend analysis of on-going issues to reduce the number of incidents and problem tickets
- Lead major incident post mortems and root cause analysis
- Supporting the overnight batch process picking up 2nd line queries from offshore colleagues.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.