Software Engineer (Back End)
Software Engineer - Java, Agile, Rest, REACT, Node.js Digital at HSBC
HSBC has committed over $2 billion dollars to a digital revolution, driving innovation and transforming our digital capabilities. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of our over 41 million Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) customers worldwide.
HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
The Digital teams' work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
We are looking for collaborative leaders with the spirit to make change happen. We champion brave new ideas that will transform customer experiences. The Team
The Originations Product teams within HDS Digital are helping to build the front door of the future of the bank - for new customers and existing customers who will be taking out new products. We are building new journeys and scaling them out around the world, whilst at the same time ensuring that we continue to add innovative features which will enable the bank to remain competitive in the future digital landscape.
Originations covers products such as current accounts, savings, credit cards, loans and more. With teams in London, Krakow, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Pune and Vancouver, we're growing rapidly and are seeking excellent new team members to help guide the agile delivery teams, lead the backlog refinement with stakeholders plan out the future.
Originations product makes it effortless for customers to on-board and buy products from HSBC. Using the latest front end and server side technologies, based in 8 international development locations, we build mobile first but channel agnostic customer journeys. We are the front door and 1st experience of HSBC to our customers. In multiple markets we have reduced the time to join HSBC from weeks to days to minutes. This not only transforms customers experience but changes the shape of our business by enabling significant growth and channel shift, also reducing operational cost by replacing manual business process with APIs to power our products. The Role
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us build and run HSBC's online banking services, helping us move away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new micro services platform.
You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices. We welcome all talented Agile engineers from those who can sit across the whole stack, or specialist front end or back end software developers. Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience and Qualifications
- Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
- Use the latest User Interface (UI)/Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- Be experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
- Be experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
- We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
- Be able to deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Everyone is an individual, but we look for people who have expertise in some of the following areas:
- Building 'mobile first', responsive, adaptive single page applications
- Standards compliant HTML5, CSS3, ES6
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Netflix OSS, Kubernetes
- Node.js, React, Redux, Yarn, Babel, PM2
- Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- CI/CD - tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus
- Application Monitoring - Splunk, AppDynamics
- PaaS/IaaS -Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mule API gateway
- DevOps processes and experience
- Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
- Security, Reliability, Performance, Cloud infrastructure, and Cost control
The base location for this role is our Digital Hub - The Bluefin Building, Southwark London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.