Division Summary Architecture serves a pivotal role in transforming the IT landscape to facilitate ICBCS to achieve its business objective. It enforces the discipline of thorough design processes from the conception to the delivery of a strategy or change. It works closely with other key functions such as business change and IT delivery to develop competencies to better serve our business aspirations.
The Bank is going through a substantial amount of change, which will have a significant impact on our system landscape. This is driven by strategic incentives as well as regulatory changes.
The purpose of this job is to provide architectural leadership to Transformation/Regulatory programs so that it achieves its objectives - low cost of development and maintenance.
The key to the success in this role is to develop a clear strategy of how the new competencies will be developed and to make sure that the vision is realised by working very closely with Business change and IT delivery functions.
This role will require a fine balancing of architectural purity with delivery pragmatism and ability to constructively challenge the status quo. It will also require an eye for details without losing the bigger picture.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Work with senior business and technology stakeholders to:
- Understand business strategy, objectives, capabilities and roadmaps
- Understand IT strategy, objectives, capabilities and roadmaps:
o Enterprise Architecture principles & roadmap
o Data Architecture principles & roadmap
o Integration Architecture principles & roadmap
- Define, document and socialise:
o Strategy, vision and target state
o Roadmaps to take the Bank towards the target state
o High Level System Architecture
o High Level Data Architecture along with interface agreements
- Ensur e that major programme(s) comply with the Enterprise vision and roadmaps by:
o Work closely with Business change/Consumer platforms to identify the business objectives
o Provide coherent high level solution to all key architectural decisions
o Review detailed design documents produced by Vendor and in-house teams
- Work closely with IT delivery to plan and oversee the delivery of the solutions
o Define engagement processes
o Define and enforce quality gates
o Fine -tune solutions to facilitate delivery from commercial and timelines perspective
o Contribute towards maintenance and improvement of key Enterprise Architecture assets such as the System Catalogue, Feed Catalogue and Enterprise Logical Data Model
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate Computer Science or Engineering qualification (or higher or equivalent)
- Experience of working in an investment bank in a variety of technical roles
Essential Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Experience working in an Architecture role in an investment bank or other financial institution
- Strong prior experience in operating as an end-to-end solution architect in an investment bank or other financial institution involving business, system, data and integration architecture.
- Proven Track record of working closely with IT delivery to realise large scale IT programmes
- Strong experience of working with a wide range of technology and business stakeholders at all levels
- Strong prior expertise in producing and reviewing architecture, design and specification documents
- Strong prior technical experience in data analysis, modelling and design, across all phases from conceptual design through to implementation
- Strong prior technical experience in business intelligence/analytics technologies including data warehousing, OLAP and big data
- Practitioner's understanding of Design and Architectural Frameworks
- Flexible, well-rounded character who can engage constructively with IT and non-IT stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Strong communicator with strong presentation skills
- Self-driven and delivery focused
- Can work well in a team or independently
- Can navigate organisational and technical complexity
- Can extract clarity from ambiguity and uncertainty
- Can broker compromise where needed, to drive out fit-for-purpose solutions which are underpinned by the Enterprise Architecture vision