- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Join us in London as a Solutions Architect
- Joining our Reporting and Data Warehousing team, you'll produce database designs and bring in the capability to use modern tools and techniques
- Working with colleagues in the UK and India, you'll deliver solutions in line with designs, and follow standard practices like pair programming and peer reviews
- You'll ensure designs and solutions that are agile, cost effective, secure, resilient and scalable, and you'll help to simplify application architecture and reduce the risk of outdated infrastructure, software or design and implementations
What you'll do
This role will see you identifying opportunities to experiment and innovate, using different technologies and digital tools. You'll support others to implement tests, evaluate new ideas and learn from experience in order to improve our service to customers.
- Participate in change, and seek out new learning experiences
- Work to maintain and support your own resilience and wellbeing
- Gather data and metrics to understand problems and risks, make complex decisions, and simplify for colleagues and customers
- Constructively challenge others' thinking with the bank's purpose, goals, and risk appetite in mind
- Collaborate internally and externally with a wide range of people, building effective networks, and encouraging others to do the same
- Ensure coaching and feedback is used to support everyone to achieve common goals
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong database warehouse design and implementation skills in relations to Cloud based and conventional op-prem models. You'll be able to collaboratively pair programmes with designers and developers, and help come up with effective solutions. You'll also be able to build trust with colleagues and customers by acting with courtesy, empathy, honesty and transparency.
We're also looking for:
- Expertise in designing and developing using Oracle databases and PL/SQL, ODI on Oracle Cloud or on-prem
- The ability to work as a team to meet our goals, anticipate challenges and create solutions
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- The desire to drive inclusion and diversity
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .