- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Solutions Architect - Wealth
Solutions Architect - WealthCompany Overview
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
The Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring the technical solution (comprising multiple applications) delivered to meet a specified set of business requirements meets the Enterprise's goals i.e. takes into account the perspective of Business Processes, Data, Technology and Infrastructure.
• Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish Solution Intent; help establish the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
• Drive architectural initiatives in the program level and participate in feature analysis
• Influence and drive adoption common modelling, design, and coding practices at the program level
• Participate in the strategy for building and maintain the ART Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business features
• Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
• Define, explore, and support the implementation of program enablers to evolve solution intent; work with System Architects and Agile Teams to implement, explore, or support them
• Synchronize solutions for data security and quality; Infrastructure; scability, performance and other NFRS
• Participate Feature Prioritisation
• Drive architectural initiatives at the program level and participate in feature analysis
General and Technical skills
• Know Safe/Agile methodologies
• Understanding and capable of modelling different aspects of a solution using industry standards (e.g. BPMN 2 for business modelling, UML for Class Modelling, ...)
• Be organised and communicate strongly
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by the Agile team
• Keep stakeholders updated on Architectural initiatives and be able to explain the rationale behind them
• Have a very strong technical background and knowledge of industry trends
• Have a very strong understanding of the business domain in which s/he works but be informed by the Enterprise Architecture
• Have experience with cloud native solutions
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the wealth\asset management industry are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, combined with ability to derive and implement required tactical measures
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English