Strategy and Business Development Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Strategy and Business Development Specialist
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072175
Specialist will work closely in a team environment with Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates and Analysts. Core aspects include:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the multiple business lines within GSP and its major clients
- Assisting in business development across GSP's product set by identifying gaps and opportunities for growth and new business
- Developing a strategic view of regional business needs in conjunction with the EMEA head and driving projects to further GSP capabilities
- Assisting with FinTech investment initiative - Spread Products Investment Technologies (SPRINT)
- Relationship management of trade organisations, trading platforms, and FMIs
- The position sits within Markets and Security Services and will primarily involve working closely with the EMEA Head of Strategy and Business Development to fully capture the breadth of the Global Spread Products opportunity in EMEA.
- Multi-disciplinary role requiring flexibility and adaptability
- Work with EMEA Head to identify and address business gaps and growth opportunities, including w/r/t:
- new business areas or products
- external financial technology investment opportunities for engagement through SPRINT
- collaborating with Sales on client gaps and remediation
- regional strategy driven by regulatory change
- enhancing current transaction models and processes, including booking, capital, funding, systems
- electronification and eTrading
- Own delivery of projects that enhance the capabilities of the EMEA business
- Assist in the setup of new business lines or business line enhancements
- Manage relationship with trade organisations, trading platforms, and FMIs to ensure GSP is fully represented and that key updates from these forums are provided to the business
- Obtain a broad and deep understanding of global financial markets and knowledge of financial products.
- Opportunity to work in a multi-faceted role, combining aspects of trading, sales, and venture investing, while engaging with new and challenging issues on a daily basis.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment
- Opportunity to grow into a more senior role within GSP and/or other areas within Citi.
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
- Educational or work experience related to financial services organisations
- Knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
- Experience of analysing financial data and financial modelling
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of Markets products and how they meet client needs.
- Venture investment experience a positive
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly
- Organisational - Managing demands from several sources and working to deadlines
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) at all organisational levels - Attention to detail and clarity.
- Ability to work efficiently within a team environments and as an individual contributor
- Ability to efficiently plan and organise own workload
- Strong academic background
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Pro-activity
- Planning and Organisation
- Influencing and Persuasiveness
- Interpersonal skills/Networking - Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi product partners
- Self-starter - Prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance
- Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer