Our client is looking to hire a VP-level strat to join their SETG team which belongs to the broader global Equity Strats Capital Markets group. SETG specialises in creating, marketing, structuring and executing complex transactions for the firm's investment banking clients. The transactions carried out by the SETG strats team include over-the-counter derivative transactions for hedging and monetization of equity stakes and corporate share repurchases and structured lending transactions.
- You will be working directly with the client-facing team as well as with equity strats, technology, operations, among other areas, to deliver flexible and scalable solutions;
- You will help your team to automate several stages of deal execution from idea generation to pricing and marketing through client maintenance and reporting;
- You will be in charge of gathering and agreeing new requirements with the SETG team on an iterative basis;
- You will develop systems to scan market data and news items to generate ideas for the team to act on;
- You will have access to multiple data feeds and sources and will integrate these into pricing files, marketing materials, and execution memos.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Some understanding of structuring, application, pricing and balance sheet impacts that transactions can have;
- Equity derivative experience is needed;
- Experience of financial analysis, modelling and valuations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong programming skills, ideally with Python-based environment for agile development;
- Experience in Matlab, R, S-Plus, C++, Structured Query Language (SQL) and Oracle is an advantage;
- Strong quantitative analysis, modelling, pricing and risk management skills, with experience within a financial services environment;
- Relevant education degree (Masters' preferred) held in a relevant subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Financial Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications.