TS - Python Developer - Senior Associate - London
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As part of the team, you'll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value. Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
Who we're looking for
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Are you a software or model developer? Are you interested in valuation of financial derivatives?
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Market Value Direct team - our firm's financial instruments valuation team which sits within the Transaction Services business. About the role
Key skills, qualifications and experience required
- At least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or an allied field
- Proven working knowledge and experience of software development in industry or academia
- Good working knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with source control (ideally git)
- Understanding of financial instruments valuation or a strong desire to learn
- Well-organised and able to prioritise workload
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Desirable but not mandatory qualifications/experience
- Familiarity with C++ and SQL
- Theoretical understanding and hands on experience in developing mathematical models
Our Market Value Direct team is part of the Valuations practice. We provide financial instrument valuation services internally as well as dealing directly with clients. Our MVD team values instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with the related valuation adjustments. The team also engages in Model design, implementation, documentation, validation and validation review activities.
The London team is the hub for our firm's Central Cluster.
You will be a Senior Associate/Manager within the London based team but working with other offices in the UK and elsewhere in the central cluster. The role will offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced business alongside a team which has grown significantly over the past 12 months and is forecast to continue to grow, both in size and new areas of work.
Key responsibilities will include
- Provide support in testing clients financial instrument valuations by independent re-valuation, across a wide range of instrument types
- Maintenance and extension of an existing codebase, written primarily in Python with .Net components which maps/transforms trade static data between various formats XML, JSON, CSV, Excel, etc.
- Extend internal model base and/or help the team on-board third party provided models
- Participating in discussions to help drive software architecture/design
- Assist the team in banking model services proposition (design, implementation, validation and model risk)
- Assist in areas of business development, practice development and strategy - due to the high growth nature of Market Value Direct this will be a key component of the role
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Sporadic short trips)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (80%)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Excellent communication skills - ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way, often to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritised workloads and work under time constraints
- Ability and willingness to coach and manage junior members of staff, including staff in offshore locations
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Flexible and a team player
- Numerate and fluent in English language skills
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Be able to deal with all levels of staff in a straightforward and professional manner
- Able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationships
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity