Tech Business Analyst, Germany (London based)
Description Join one of Europe's leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer's needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business. The role
We're looking for a Tech Business Analyst to help us improve our systems and processes in support of continued high growth in Germany. The role sits at the crossroads between data analytics and business operations and you'll be responsible for facilitating collaboration between both teams. You can expect to be working across a range of diverse projects involving the analysis of data, customer behaviour and internal processes to provide actionable insights and drive improvements. You will:
Requirements We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Additionally, we are looking for:
- Work with our Germany Operations analyst to extract & analyse performance data, identify possible improvements, develop suggestions on how to deliver them and then support their implementation.
- Work closely with the team of Product Managers to 'translate' business needs, provide insightful data-driven recommendations and help prioritise resource allocation
- Develop a strong relationship with the developers, analysts and the business. You're a key facilitator across these teams and building constructive relationships is a key success driver for this role.
- Create project backlogs and prioritise tasks based on business value, ensuring that the team is working on what will have the most impact.
- Manage the roll-out of new and updated functionality to the business, writing training materials/release notes and ensuring we drive utilisation while minimising disruption
- 2:1 degree or above in a from a leading university or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills and interest. You want your decisions to be data driven and you are able to identify which data you will need.
- Highly organised and proactive, with experience working with or strong interest in Agile principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, write clearly and explain technical issues to those without a technical background
- Ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems / challenges and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Great at managing stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the road-map, etc.) and able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams.
- Fluent English is essential. German language skills are a plus but not essential.
What's life like as an iwocan? We all enjoy:
Just for you:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.