Tech Support Engineer
What are we looking for?
A talented Tech Support engineer with a focus on providing first class support to our internal colleagues, you will play a key role in supporting our local users within the office and our colleagues in European locations, within a team made up of 25+ engineers distributed across Europe.
What will you do?
The Tech Support engineer plays an integral part in keeping our colleagues working efficiently, providing proactive support for all our colleagues via various methods; from walk-ups at the IT Service Desk to desk-side support alongside remote, telephone and chat support.
The ideally candidate will be someone who has a real desire to provide excellent customer service and has a level of exposure to corporate IT systems. You'll work in a fast-paced environment supporting all level of stakeholder's.
Your key responsibilities:
- Raise incidents and service requests as required, ensuring all appropriate details and information are captured and contribute to 1st line root cause analysis.
- Managing all end user requests ensuring that the relevant approvals have been obtained as per defined processes and policies
- Resolving 1st line support issues, such as password resets, software installation, print issues, imaging laptops and MDM enrolment
- Complete IT desk set ups and assist where required with internal moves
- Supporting and resolving issues with VC's, conference room TV & AV systems
- Maintaining a track of all end user devices issued by or returned to the IT team on the IT Asset Register
- Have a basic level of understanding/awareness of key toolsets and technologies used and supported by the team - Operating systems, Windows and Mac hardware, VPN systems, Office365 and Active Directory
- Attended training and utilize training platforms to improve knowledge and skillsets
- Escalating issues and collaborating as necessary with other support teams, without losing the ownership of the overall issue
- Responsible for learning and executing of all internal processes and procedures related to the Tech Support department and ensuring they are followed, with deviations being reported or escalated as required.
- Maintain a good stock of general IT kit and peripherals for the user base and place orders for equipment as and when required following the standard procedures for procurement
- Assist with routine administration duties with a plethora of IT systems. Provide reporting, data analysis of support surveys and stock take duties etc.
Required Skills and Experience
Experience in providing first class customer service
Exposure to core Microsoft platforms in a corporate environment
Previous use of IT service management platforms (ServiceNow would be desirable but not essential)
Ability to be agile, adjusting to the needs of the business and to prioritize and focus on work accordingly
Confident approach to communication, being able to summarise issues to colleagues in a non-technical way