Technical Product Manager - Data
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech and Data teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
As Technical Product Manager in the Data Platform team, you'll be one of our most important selling and support points for small businesses right through from initial contact to loan acceptance. Your work will make a huge difference to small business owners every single day . You will be identifying the gaps in our data strategy and build plans to improve our data capability through our data platform.
- Working with the data platform teams and drive their sprints
- Partnering closely with the business and technical stakeholders to understand priority and how it affects the data platform roadmap
- Clearly communicating product plans, impact and deliverables to business and technical stakeholders
- Working with the engineering managers, scrum masters and the data platform teams to refine the backlog
- Defining business cases, drive project kick offs, define sprint goals and keep track of delivery through sprint reviews
- Developing the product roadmap, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Ensuring a healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance. You will work with highly skilled engineers to allow for quick evolvement of a set of core components
Why should you join us?
- Experienced in product management ideally in data related products
- Technically experienced or have a strong knowledge in Data Engineering, Data Science & Analytics workflows
- Experienced working with agile development teams
- Experienced working with data engineering/data platform or dataops teams
- Knowledgeable of data tools and technologies
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.