Trade & Transaction Reporting Business Analyst
Trade & Transaction Reporting Business Analyst Business:
Operations New or Existing Role?
GCB4 Role Purpose
- The Global Markets Middle Office Product Management Team sits with Global Markets Middle Office. It manages the Global Trade & Transaction Reporting programme, which itself is part of the wider Global Markets Regulatory Programme suite
- Global Markets Middle Office is a globally aligned, cross asset operational structure positioned equidistant from the Front Office, Operations, Finance and Risk. The TDQ & Reporting component of the GM Middle Office, consists of 3 other primary functions.
- Trade Data Quality (TDQ), which provides a series of accuracy and completeness controls across the Trade Data domain;
- Trade and Transaction Reporting (T&TR) which is responsible for delivery of our daily T&TR control responsibilities; and
- Cross Asset Reporting (XAR) which provides a series on non-standard regulatory reporting and controls on behalf of the front office.
- Trade and Transaction Product management
Trade & Transaction Product Management
Key Accountabilities Impact on Business
- Trade & Transaction Product Management is responsible for change management, analysis, definition and delivery of solutions for business requirements resulting from the introduction of new and updated Trade Reporting rules by the various Global Regulatory Bodies, such as HKMA, MIFID2, CFTC, EMIR, and SFTR, working closely alongside the IT function
- The industry remains under increased regulatory pressure across our businesses as these reporting obligations are put into effect; therefore a substantial amount of cross functional change is required, and is coordinated by the T&TR Product Management Team to ensure HSBC adhere to regulatory objectives in the most time, cost, controlled and technologically efficient manner.
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- The role of the Business Analyst is to support the Project Manager(s), and Product Owners to deliver critical analysis to deliver the relevant project.
- The BA is responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Responsible for the end to end analysis for Regulatory Change projects such as (SFTR, HKMA, MiFID, EMIR, CFTC etc) and internal Strategic Architecture implementations
- Work with FO stakeholders, Compliance, Asset Class Business Managers and Technology in order elicit requirements, offer solutions and deliver change to satisfy regulatory demand and ensure sustainable Operational Controls
- Challenge and question required business flows where necessary in order to define an optimal and efficient business processes
- Produce Business Requirements relating to the Reporting of any trades and transactions across major Global Regulators (e.g. SFTR, CFTC, EMIR, HKMA, MAS) to Trade / Swap Data Repositories (e.g. DTCC, Unavista, US SEC, etc).
- Fully document scope of all related business requirements, relating to each deliverable, and ensure these are understood by by business and operational stakeholders and IT teams
- Link with Asset Class Business Managers and Technical Specialists in order to write documents that can then be signed off and used as the basis to construct technical documents used to support the necessary changes.
- Provide input into the generation of test cases to support the Test strategy and support any analysis to resolve defects.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and Architecture teams to ensure all regional deliveries are consistent with the global approach.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders (Business, Operations, Compliance, and IT) in understanding the impact of each business initiatives on regulatory reporting.
- Work to ensure potential gaps and issues in solutions are risk assessed, and appropriate solutions/controls are defined. Work with BAU teams to ensure there is an appropriate enduring model for data ownership, exception management, and ongoing maintenance for reporting compliance
- Establish a model that ensures all artefacts and deliveries are of a consistent high quality, timely and accurate
- Ensure that artefacts are of a suitable level, cohesiveness, and availability to be available to show to auditors, regulators, and evidence how HSBC is meeting its obligations
- Strong business writing skills with ability to communicate complex ideas simply and convincingly, ask insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components, and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Highly motivated, with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, possessing follow through, ability to manage, monitor, track, and clearly communicate progress on multiple initiatives
- Experience of Product Based Planning a distinct advantage
- Evidence of effective relationship management (both internal and external)
- Experience in producing both business requirement and functional requirements is essential
- Experience with working as a conduit between Business and Technology teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood and solutions delivered
- Experience within Technology with a track record delivering Regulatory Trade Reporting requirements
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Positive 'can do' attitude, and problem solving ability
- Ability to work effectively to strict timelines and deadlines, and do "whatever it takes" to meet deadlines
- Prior experience of working on a Trade / Transaction Reporting programme such as HKMA, MAS, ASIC, DFA and/or EMIR).
- Awareness of Trade Reporting mechanisms (e.g. connectivity to GTR, FpML etc)
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.