UI / UX Business Analysts - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jan 19
UI / UX Business Analysts - London
UI / UX Business Analyst, London
The FDA team practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries e.g.: Financial services, Life sciences, Oil & Gas and Government.
EY's Forensic Technology team (FTDS) is looking for a UI/UX Designer/Business Analyst to help design and build innovative software applications. The Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering requirements from users and building a deep understanding of their needs, for documentation of use cases, production of wireframe designs, and for working with developers to build prototypes. This role requires an understanding of use case definition and interaction design within an Agile software and system development environment. This position is located in London.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design and transform user interfaces, making them functional, intuitive and attractive
- Understand client user needs to support analytical and investigative demands across a range of compliance, fraud and risk domains
- Run client workshops to elicit requirements and build insight
- Document requirements in the form of User Stories, Work flows, Use Cases, and Process Flow Diagrams
- Identify and define user roles and personas in connection with the creation of user stories, and to inform the definition of role-based user permissioning requirements.
- Wireframe UI designs that meet client needs, working with the in-house R&D team to fit to platform capabilities and product vision
- Bring simplicity and ease of use to complex application workflows
- Work with data analysts to convey UI designs that they can then define data transformation and mapping requirements to support them
- Develop UI prototypes using wire-framing tools and standard BI applications (Tableau / Spotfire)
- Work closely with Product Owners, Solution Architects, SMEs, Business Owners and end users.
- Demo UI prototypes and features to clients
- Participate in system implementation, including UAT and pilot activities
- Degree qualified in a STEM subject e.g. Information Systems/ Computer Science
- at least 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Proficiency in UX Wireframing tools Axure and Adobe XD
- Experience of working directly with clients in a commercial setting (e.g. B2B software business or consulting) is required
- Strong experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies (Agile Scrum Master certified)
- Strong experience in UX design
- Proficiency in BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Domain knowledge of compliance, fraud, or trade surveillance
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptable and able to build strong relationships
Multiple positions available
Opening date: 08/01/2019 LI-MANUAL-POST-JOB*
Closing date: 06/02/2019
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.