- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
UX DesignerTeam Overview
Schroders Experience Design (SXD) are an internal design team focused on understanding and meeting the needs, wants and aspirations of both Schroders customers and the business. We deliver strategic design and digital projects in an agile framework through close collaboration with experts and customer from 27 countries.
We design and prototype smarter services that improve the Schroders experience for both customers and employees. Providing consultancy to the global Schroders organisation and working on prioritised projects.
We are dedicated to beautiful, usable and valuable service experiences. We believe in getting customer validation early, verifying with real data and prototyping to test our ideas. Our team includes UX Design, Service Design, Research and Prototyping unified by a common goal to delivery the best possible customer centred design.
Our team support one another and the business in end to end user centred design we aim to continually improve our process, delivery and our expertise. We employ the best methods and tools seeking to always work closely with our customers and stakeholders to innovate.
User Experience designers are responsible for creating an integrated experience across all digital customer touch points online, tablet and mobile via strong collaboration and effective influence with stakeholder from local offices, product, technology, brand and marketing.
User experience designers apply their design process expertise to one or more digital product or service design projects collaborating on a daily basis with agile teams to ensure quality in on time and budget delivery.
As the user experience point of contact for a project they are responsible for managing the day to day work, active project management and continuous improvement are important. User experience designers can call on the support of in house research, design management, other design team members and a comprehensive library of design patterns and assets.
• Acts as a key business point of contact managing the relationships, strategy, requirements and specific User Experience project deliveries.
• Actively manage one or more user experience design projects and delivery dependencies in terms of scope, cost and time.
• Applies design methods, sets clear objectives and priorities to define the design execution.
• Proactively identify and resolve user experience design issues prior to development.
• Identify operational improvements in efficiency to increasing the value of the experience design team.
• Define, maintain and communicate quality standards for user experience focused on usefulness, usability and desirability in terms of KPI's and independent survey feedback from the business and its customers.
• Successfully interpret business strategy into commercial user experience solutions in collaboration with customers, the brand, product, and technology teams.
• Support agile product and service development teams with digital design
• Represent the voice of the customer with relevant data within product and service planning.
• Ensure objectives and goals for their project teams are clearly defined and are consistent with the group Customer Experience strategy, vision and values.
• Advocate the development of best practices and sharing of knowledge within the team.
• Drive a user-centred design approach which incorporates, user research, prototyping user testing and validation to identity and deliver against core customer benefits and create related business benefits.
• Promote an integrated, collaborative and agile approach to design and development iterate and continual improve Agile working practices from discover to deliver and maintain.
General and Technical Skills:
You are someone who wants to influence your own development and the culture of an organisation in a time of transformation. You're looking for an organisation where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and regions, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
• Significant depth of experience in service design, user experience, or product management based role, with a strong focus on driving user centred design within digital product development.
• Hands-on experience of a designing for a variety of digital touch-points, and other non-digital channels such as process-design, IVR, person-to-person interaction, kiosk, wearables, etc.
• A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people
passionate about customer experience culture and its centrality to the success of business in the future.
• Proven track record in project and people management. Must be able to function as a project leader who can resolve conflicting interests as well as an individual contributor
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as, Drawing, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle, Sketch and InVision and development of journey maps, UX patterns and style guides.
• Design Thinking and experience in agile design methodology.
Degree in Design, HCI or behavioural science, related industry experience is essential.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.