About Revolut People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18 million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000 people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role The credit department at Revolut is anything but ordinary. They design, develop and launch credit products across the globe 🌏 The team manages our products from day one to the end - developing the back and front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions. It's a big old job, but our people are a Credit to us all ✨
We need an Underwriter who means Business. Literally. If you have the skills to manage policy, procedures, and products, then we want to hear from you. We need an individual on our rocketship that can grow a predictable and profitable business credit portfolio, as well as work with our teams to enhance and expand the business products we offer 🚀 Sound good? Then jump aboard 👇
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing in-bound applications for business facilities across a number of products, with the need to clearly rationalise the risk/reward balance for each instance. General knowledge of financial accounting and key company creditworthiness metrics.
- Articulating key commercial risk management considerations with a strong understanding of fraud risk management controls and how these incorporate into Business credit underwriting decisions.
- Assisting with improving business credit risk underwriting policies and contributing to the Key Risk Indicators (KRI) for business credit applications and portfolio monitoring.
- Ensuring KPIs on credit underwriting are met which include individual Service Level Agreement, approval rates, and decline rates. Strong financial and commercial business acumen in reviewing and structuring deals.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with our product stakeholders, ensuring there is a strong feedback loop on the continuous monitoring of the initiatives, with a view of driving insights on product adaptations. Utilising these relationships to partner with the business to coordinate and prioritise product adaptations.
- Assisting with drafting policies and procedures for various Business credit products.
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of big and small scale changes within the Credit function.
- Constantly looking at the credit strategy to see ways to harmonise risk mitigation whilst reducing client friction and ensuring a positive experience for our Business customers.
- Ensuring continuous monitoring and validation of the credit decision outcomes and MIS availability.
- Providing advice, coaching, development and guidance for colleagues across the business as well as team members on our risk parameters.
- Leading the initiative for preventive and reactive actions towards any micro and macro factors impacting portfolio credit performance and profitability.
- Ensuring approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators
What you'll need
- Proven track record of managing through the credit risk cycle for Business credit products like business loans, merchant acquiring, FX forwards products, etc. Revolut will look at experience outside of these products on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably Masters or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through the 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner.
- Previous experience in helping to improve or launch new credit products from inception through to live, including working through stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues
- An understanding of new approaches to business scoring models, as well as behavioural methods beneficial.
- Experience in documenting each application merits in a clear and concise manner. Utilising structure to be able to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Deep thinker attitude to be capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making
- Understanding of the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc preferable & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale
- Lithuania: €2,600 - €3,900 gross monthly*
- Other locations: Compensation will be discussed during the interview process
*Final compensation will be determined based on the candidate's qualifications, skills, and previous experience
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates .